Home Buying in Boynton Beach>Question Details

M., Home Buyer in White Plains, NY

looking to purchase a second home to rental for a year or two in the palm beach area..is west palm or boynton beach easier to find folks to rent ?

Asked by M., White Plains, NY Mon Apr 1, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3111005616-2785-S-Evergreen-C…

Answers

7
Marc Jablon’s answer
This 4 bedroom townhome in Boynton Beach is well suited for rental and is still currently available for sale. What you will want to watch for, if you purchase residential property for investment purposes in Boynton Beach or West Palm Beach, is the rental rules from the HOA or condo association.

Many condos in West Palm Beach or Boynton Beach have rulings that do not allow an owner to lease until the owner has lived in the condo for a year or two. Occasionally, a townhouse in West Palm or Boynton will have this ruling from the HOA, so it is always worth checking this aspect before purchasing.

Single family homes in Boynton Beach or West Palm Beach are unlikely to have any restrictions on rental. And at this time, with rentals so tight, you are likely to have no difficulty at all in finding a renter as long as you price within a reasonable rent range.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
The rental market is very strong throughout Palm Beach county right now.

I happen to live in Boynton, and work the Lake Worth-Palm Beach area as well. This entire area is prime for rental investing. Working with several prospective tenants, I can tell you the single biggest problem is finding rental housing for them.

If you would like to know more, please feel free to call me, or contact me through my web link below.

I hope this helps.

Pat Palmer-Realtor
Boca's Best Broker
Certified Relocation Specialist
Member-Institute For Luxury Home Marketing

Direct 786-286-6557

Keller Williams
2424 N. Federal Hwy #318
Boca Raton, FL 33431
M,

Overall the rental market is very strong and you will not have a problem finding a tenant for a annual unfurnished rental in either location. If you are looking for something that is more appropriate for a furnished seasonal type rental then that take a great deal more exploration. If that is your goal then you will need to focus on buildings that allow shorter term rentals in areas where snowbirds are willing to pay high seasonal rents during the winter months. Balancing these two can be harder than one would think but there are still great opportunities out there if you know where to look. There are also single family opportunities steps to the sand that are unencumbered by associations that might be explored depending on your budget.

The best thing you can do in today's active market is clearly define your housing objectives and determine what areas will meet your needs. Inventory levels are very low and finding homes is a much more difficult task than it was a few months ago. If you would like to further discuss your particular situation and put together a game plan to meet your goals please feel free to contact me at your convenience for a complimentary consultation. I would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you may choose to interview to assist you and your family find the perfect Florida home.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
There are a lot of options for you to purchase in both areas and each has their own pool of renters. However, a lot has to do with what type of property you are going to purchase. Some condos and HOAs have rental restrictions and some attract more seasonal than annual renters. I would recommend first determining what you are looking for - strictly an investment with a good ROI or a property that you will rent for two years before eventually relocating.

Todd Kevitch
BPO Realty LLC
http://www.bporealty.com
tkevitch@bporealty.com
561-400-9376
thanks for your response!
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013
I can tell you that having experience in both markets, I cannot say that one is preferrable over the other. There is a demand for clean rentals in both places (both annual and seasonal renters). If you'd like to take a look at what is out there, just give me a call and let me know what your search criteria is (price, location, size, etc...). I'll create a comprehensive search for you that will reveal all the properties which match your criteria. Then if you like one, we'll make an appointment to see it in person.

Until then, have a wonderful day!

Steve Shalaby
Realtor, Prudential Florida Realty
President, Streamline Financial Group, Inc.
Office: (561)364-5626
Cell: (786)543-5115
steve@streamlinefg.com
-
-
See program #9 below, then contact me to talk about how to minimize payments and reduce out of pocket costs.

1) 100% LTV- VA / (VA Jumbo @ lower ltv)
2) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too
3) 99% LTV- FHA / (FHA to 580 score @ lower ltv)

4) 97% LTV- No monthly MI-No FHA 1.75% Fee
5) 95% LTV- CONDO
6) 90% LTV- No PMI -2nd Home
7) 90% LTV- JUMBO w/cc
8) 85% LTV- No PMI - Super Jumbo
9) 80% LTV- Invest./Rental
10) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals

--------STATED INCOME ALT up to Super Jumbo-----------
http://www.StatedIncomeALT.com
11) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.
12) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals
13) 75% CLTV- Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure Forgiveness
14) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money
15) LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS
16) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS-available nationwide

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====