Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Kevind, Home Buyer in Upper East Side, New...

looking to buy an apartment in UES. 450k range, low maintenance fee. contact me with showings

Asked by Kevind, Upper East Side, New York, NY Fri Dec 16, 2011

Hi. Please email me some apartments you may have with pictures, location, and price. I'm looking to buy and want to check some places out this month. Prefer 1 bedroom, close to 68th and 1st, renovated kitchen. I want maintenance fee to be less than $1000 hopefully.

Answers

8
Hello Kevind,

SInce you posted this question a while ago, I will assume that you may have begun to look at apartments for sale on the upper east side. At this time of year, you may have noticed that there is less of an inventory available to view. This is mostly due to the holiday season, when most homeowners take their apartments off the market temporarily. If you have yet to find a buyer specialized Real Estate Agent to work with, I want to bring a couple of points to your attention:

It is important to find an agent who is not trying to sell you property that they are representing as the Seller's Agent. The main goal of a Seller's Agent is to sell you the property they represent for as much money as they possibly can. The Sellers' Agents are loyal to the sellers, not only because they are contractually obligated to do so, but the seller is who will ultimately pay their commission upon the sale of their property. What you should also know is that a Buyer's Agent works for, and represents the buyer only. Buyers' Agents work for buyers 100% for free, because the seller is the one who pays the commission.

If you are still looking for a Buyer's Agent to work with, I have lived on the upper east side since the mid 70s and know the area quite well. Please feel free to contact me, I look forward to hearing from you.

Lindsey Newman
Senior Real Estate Sales Associate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 13, 2012
Congrats on your decision to purchase in lieu of renting in today's market. Great choice honestly! As stated previously, an agent in NYC can show you ANY PROPERTY FOR SALE. I would be more than happy to work for you & will be available for you, not pass you on to another & answer messages in a prompt manner.
Please feel free to contact me directly @ 917.215.5300 so as we can discuss your desires in more detail.

Brian Moore
bmoore@manapts.com
Hi there from the land of Buyer Brokerage.

Most agents have access to one another's listings which means that one agent can get you in the door virtually everywhere their firm allows them to. A great thing to focus on is picking who you will ultimately choose to work with. Always speak with at least 3 different agents; get to know them and how they work and how they react to difficult scenarios or questions. Test their knowledge and skills.

I am the very first 'Certified Buyer Representative' to work the affordable pocket markets in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Read about me on my personal website at http://www.RodrigoGuzman.com and give me a call.

I'd love to show you how working with a true Buyer's Broker is different than working with other agents who really represent the Seller but say they'll get you a good deal. Be careful and GET YOUR OWN BROKER. :)

Always,
RO
Kevind,
Looks like you forgot to post your email here- I am an exclusive buyer's broker and can help you buy any listed apartment in Manhattan. Please give me a call and before you do it would be helpful if you would be prepared to answer at least some of the questions for Manhattan buyers that I have posted on my blog here on Trulia
http://www.trulia.com/blog/jolie_muss/2011/12/questions_for_…
Jolie Muss
Licensed Real Estate Broker & Brokerage
"The Upper West Side's Buyer Broker"
331 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023
Office: 212 721-3301
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
Kevind,

I'd be happy to help you in your search. Kindly send me your information at my email address below and we can then begin our researching of properties together.

Michelle Roberts
michelleroberts@reactionny.com
RE/Action International, Inc.
917-529-4686
Kevind,

Please email me your information, i.e., email address and telephone contact information. I can help you start the process of searching for an apartment that fits your criteria.

Thank you
Thomas Sourasis
917.836.2337
tsourasis@bondnewyork.com
Hello & Congratulations on deciding to purchase in NYC! Please send me your email address & I will be more than happy to send you some availabilities. If you feel they meet your criteria, I can set up a time for you to view them.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions regarding this or any other matter. I look forward to helping you in your search.

Brian Moore
917.215.5300
bmoore@manapts.com
Hi, Kevind, please send your email address and I would be happy to help you--we don't have a mechanism here to email you unless you email us first.

I did a search in our database and found several apartments that I think might interest you.

Karla Harby
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
kharby@crrnyc.com
917-365-0876
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011