Home Buying in Venice>Question Details

JUDY.KING2, Home Buyer in Venice, FL

looking in venice to 1st rent then purchase to pick the right kid neighborhood and schools. Special ed program important. around $200,000

Asked by JUDY.KING2, Venice, FL Wed May 8, 2013

Answers

3
Judy,
We have a renta department. Email Christine.hart@floridamoves.com. I'm sure she can help you
As a former Superintendent of Schools and a parent, I can appreciate your position of the importance of neighborhood and school.

Without getting too much into the special needs issue, I'm sure you can appreciate the importance of pairing up your child's specific needs to the strengths of any individual program. With this said, the merits and success of a mandated program can vary greatly from district to district and from one building to another even within a single district. Often the credibility of a program can be created by one or two people at a certain level that do exemplary work.

From a real estate perspective, consider looking at Stoneybrook. It's a newer community that has been billed, from the very beginning, as a family focused community. To this end, there are many other children and facilities that support youth interest and activity.

The best rental/purchase scenario is the opportunity to rent in the community in which you will some day buy. This experience should avail you the chance to formulate a clear and accurate opinion of whether or not the location is right for your family's needs. There are often rental availability in Stoneybrook. It's worth a drive through and be sure to stop at the recreational facility.

Bill Eckler
Michael Saunders & Company
941-408-5363
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
Hi Judy,
The link to the Sarasota County Schools which includes Venice is http://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/. In Florida Special Ed is called Exceptional Student Education. I would suggest contacting the ESE Department and speak with someone about placement of your child with special needs before deciding on a location to live.

Exceptional Student Education
Kathy Devlin, Supervisor
kathy.devlin@sarasotacountyschools.net

Ana Montero, Administrative Assistant
ana.montero@sarasotacountyschools.net

Phone: (941) 927-9000, ext. 34226
Fax: (941) 927-4014

You can search for rentals and homes for sale in Venice and surrounding areas on my web site at: http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/. I was a teacher in the Sarasota and Charlotte County Schools before becoming a Realtor. I would be happy to answer any of your questions regarding either aspect.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/