Home Buying in Chapel Hill>Question Details

Katie, Home Buyer in El Granada, CA

looking for some help with a possible move to CH from CA, will be there in Oct to check it out, would love to meet w an agent while we're there.

Asked by Katie, El Granada, CA Tue Aug 20, 2013

Answers

10
Katie,

I was stationed in San Diego and moved to Chapel Hill to attend UNC. I can relate to the cross country move and would love to be of any assistance if you need it. Please feel free to contact me anytime at the office (919) 882-7922 or hansonj@hpw.com.

Thank you and safe travels,

John Hanson
Hi Katie,

So happy to hear you are considering a relocation to the Chapel Hill area. I would be happy to assist in your search if you would like to email or call me. Thank you.

Kay

Kay Dunson
Fonville Morisey Realty, a Long & Foster Company
919-210-6738
kdunson@fmrealty.com
Uh oh, I'm late answering you, all those other transplanted Californians and other agents got to you first! I'm from the Stanford/Palo Alto area, go back several times a year to visit my family. While I love CA, I would rather live in NC, and assume that you will grow to love it as much as all the rest of us transplants do. You've already heard that the Chapel Hill Carrboro school system is the best in the Triangle, and arts and entertainment is excellent all over. What you won't find here is the miserable traffic on 101 or 880. The Bay Area may be one of the best foodie places, but this area isn't bad. I've found superb bread and local produce, excellent ethnic food, and my CA friends have a list of places they want to go to when visiting to get what they don't find in CA.

Your options for housing here in comparison to CA is incredible, whether you want a single family or town house, country or city. Enjoy the riches we have to offer, and enjoy the process.

Vivian Olkin, aka CrazyViv
When people ask me the best time to visit, I always say "April and October" Let me know when you are arriving and I'll set up some things to see. In my youth, I lived in Mammoth Lakes. I do miss the Sierras.

Reg Morgan, Broker
Coldwell Banker Howard Perry & Walston
1600 E. Franklin St.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
E-mail: MorganR@HPW.com
Cell: 919 624-3434
Hi Again Katie:

It occurred to me that my fiance might also be able to help you learn about adjusting to NC since she also relocated here from the bay area (Los Gatos) a few years back. You have probably seen already that there is a big difference in housing costs and perhaps you are focusing on Chapel Hill because it is such a blue island in the middle of a very red state. I think you will enjoy the international diversity of Chapel Hill and the quality of the schools if you have children. If you are closer to retirement age then perhaps the art scene and continuing education prospects will be of interest. We have it all here and I think you will find it a wonderful place to live.
Please give me a call or email and I will be happy to consult with you.

Mark
919-960-6332
civiokm@hpw.com
http://www.TarHeelHomes.com
Coldwell Banker HP&W
Would love to meet with you. In the meantime, if it would be helpful to receive information on listings in the area, please give me an idea of your parameters (price, number of bedrooms, school requirements, etc) and I will begin sending some information to you. I have raised a family here for over 15 years, so should be able to answer, or get the answers to, any questions that you may have. You can contact me directly at lmartin733@aol.com or at 919-906-9054. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hello Katie,
My name is Meryl Masters-Alexander and I am an agent with Keller Williams Realty in Chapel Hill. I have been a full time agent for 15 years. I would love to help you with your move to the area. You can read my profile on my website at http://www.Merylmalexander.com. I pride myself in educating my clients so that they can make informed real estate decisions. I provide you with personal attention and local market expertise. You can contact me directly at Meryl@Merylmalexander.com or by calling me at 919-618-1485. I look forward to helping you.
Hi Katie: My website: http://thewalserway.us/ has everything you need to know about the area and making a move. You can also search for homes on the website or I can help you set up a search. Let me know what you're looking for and I can help. Thanks, Susan
Happy to meet with you. You can find out more about me by checking my profile here on Trulia or by simply Googling my name.

I like to speak with you to get some idea of what it is you're ideally looking for and at that time can answer questions you may have. For more information about the area in general use the link below.
Hi Katie:

Please send me your email address and phone number and I wilol be happy to chat with you about your plans. Mark 919-260-0921 civiokm@hpw.com http://www.TarHeelHomes.com