Home Buying in Stroudsburg>Question Details

Maria Deliz, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

looking for a safe area in PA to live. What parts, what county in PA?

Asked by Maria Deliz, Brooklyn, NY Tue Apr 28, 2009

Answers

14
Hello Maria,

You received alot of good replies for your question. And it is true that to help you out we would need more info on what you are looking for and if you are going to commute to NY. I also come from Long Island and have lived here for 10 years, my husband commutes daily to Seacauss NJ to go to work and he wouldn't change where we live for anything.
There are a lot of areas in Monroe that you could be looking at. If you would like more info you can contact me anytime at janetamodie@hotmail.com. I hope to speak to you soon.

Thank you
Janet Amodie
Keller Williams Real Estate
Stroudsburg, PA
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 5, 2009
I'M LOOKING TO RELOCATE FROM CT TO PA. I was looking at Harrisburg,PA. My main concern is school district. My Child is currently in a Charter School and has honors. I would hate for him to go to a school that is behind with curriculm. I would like to rent probably in a community setting. My field of work is nursing-LPN. I want an area where is safe to raise a family and commute is not to far from work and shopping. (20 min commute) I would like to hear positive feedback from those who enjoy where they live. Thank you!
Srawberry Mansion is a lovely area. YOu can drive up and park your armored tank on the narrow streets and run into your house after opening the 4 locks on your front door.
After school basketball leagues and peace marches in the community are about as useful as giving heroin out and free passes to the zoo.
Neighborhoods that were once beautful and safe are crime laden crap holes now.
Gentrification is another term for live on the edge of a horrible area and risk your life every day by being there. Don't be fooled by naive idiots who actually think these areas are safe to live in.
Better yet, ask them where they live when they tell you its safe in an area next to the worst ghettos in the city. If you want to live in Phila drive at least an hour outside of the city and go in the right direction because in some directions an hour isn't enough.
unsure don't reall know pa that well, i'm looking to rent a four bdrm
SafeWise just named the top 50 safest cities in PA here: http://www.safewise.com/blog/50-safest-cities-pennsylvania/ Check it out!
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area is a good location. Very convenient to NY, Philadelphia, & NJ. Good school districts as well. If you are interested in discussing further, let me know.

Eric Feifer
Prudential Poggi & Jones REALTORS
Is analomink a good area to live in can some one tell about the area
thank you
joe delfino
We have lived in NE Pennsylvania in Monroe County, in Stroudsburg for 6 years and love it! There are tons of parks and lots of nature as well as every store you could ever need for shopping. There is a huge shopping outlet and every modern convenience you could imagine. The traffic in town is heavier (but manageable) on weekends. But once you live here you usually know the back roads and avoid all the traffic areas anyway. We loved having the river nearby and the recreational outdoor activites are plentiful. The area is very beautiful and peaceful. The people I run into are always open to small talk and seem to overall care about the area we live in. Our neighborhood is very safe, friendly and the people are very kind and helpful. There are certain areas/neighborhoods that have more crime than others but they are not in this immediate area. Overall this area is a safe area to raise a family and to retire in while having it all!
Hello Maria:

Hello Maria:

Thank you for your question. I am a member ot the Association of Realtors for Monroe, Carbon, Northampton, Lehigh, Pike and several other counties. I am also an Accredited Buyer Representation as designated by the national Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council. Through our buyer consultation, swift and easy process, you will know exactly which areas best meet your requirements and your wants. I can shorten the process for you and take you from start to finish on your new home. I would be delighted to be of service.

Kris Collis
570-801-5525
Web Reference: http://www.kris.collis
Hi Maria,

I am a agent in the Pocono area, to help you with the area I'll need to know your budge, it doesn't make sense to tell you about certain areas if is not in your price range or the houses are smaller or bigger than you're looking for. Once I have these information I can give you some guidence on where to look for houses.

Cristina Mirassol
Key Real Estate
Office:(610)681-5050
Cell :(201)207-6264
cristinamirassol@hotmail.com
http://www.cristinamirassol.com
Hello Maria Deliz:

Well, of course I am going to tell you to take a look at the Lehigh Valley Area because this is where I am from..but I am going to be honest with you regarding the comparision too. The Lehigh Valley is actually both Lehigh and Northampton Counties. The homes are less expensive here in the Lehigh Valley than Bucks County and if you are thinking of still working in NY than the commute is easy too as you would take Highwya 78 right to the center of our area.

You can get a home for less up in the Carbon & Monroe areas...but, you will need to fight with the snow as it is in the Pocono area. Beautiful yes, but very rural and you will need to drive 20 to 30 mins to get everywhere. In the Lehigh Valley area you have rural but very close to everything 10 to 15 mins to all major points.

If you decide you would like to look into the Lehigh Valley, shoot me an email and give me a little more information about your goals and I will get you all kinds of information that will fit your needs.
Hi Maria

I am a licensed realtor in both Pa and NJ and I can tell you that Bucks County is a wonderful plaxce to live.I have lived here for over 15 years and am very happy. It is a quiet area and you have access to Philadelphia which is less than half an hour away.I would be glad to help you in any way.Just give me a call at 215-380-3976.

Sincerely Francine Tibbetts Weichert realtors
Hi Maria,

I notice you are from Brooklyn, I myself moved to Pa from Long Island. I guess my first question would be where are you commuting to for work?? That would help me place you where you could viably live and commute to work. My husband traveled to NJ, for a while and we live in Saylorsburg, which is in the West End. (Saylorsburg, Gilbert, Effort, Brodheadsville,) You can access 33 and 80 quite easily from these areas.
Other thoughts are Of course Stroudsburg, also Henryville, Tannersville, Reeders area, they are all pretty close to 80.

If you could send me more detailed information I would be happy to assist you further, and will be able to give you a more specific answer. I can also send you active homes over, once we have figured out what would best suit your needs.

Tina D'Amato

Direct 570-807-8631 Anytime!
tinad@wilkins1.com
Maria

It looks like you are considering Stroudsburg. Altough that is a great area, in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains, we suggest that you consider Bucks County. The Yardley/Morrisville area is affordable and an easy commute to NYC. Contact us for more information.