Home Buying in Staunton>Question Details

Btlgirl74, Home Buyer in Staunton, IL

looking for a rent to own, contract for deed, etc. in staunton. or a very nice rental. thanks.

Asked by Btlgirl74, Staunton, IL Wed Jan 13, 2010

Answers

4
Hey Dan,

How is it going; hope you are happy at your lakefront home! I believe I was your Realtor :) If you are looking to sell that nice home of yours let me know!

Thank You, Dana
Hey, I see you have a couple of warnings, and they are good to read and it is true to be cautious.. Well I have a loan pending at Lake Kahoo, in Mount Olive.. i am now living in Staunton, in a sweet little 2 bedroom, and that is the problem, we have just out grown it.. I will be putting it up, either for rent, contract for deed, or outright purchase..It will be priced to move, for more details.. email me at, bdsw@excite.com,
my name is Dan, i work at US Steel, in Granite City...not trying to make a bunch of money just, wanting a quick solution to an extra home in a great neighbor!
Hi BTLGIRL,
Before you go contract for deed be aware that there is a reason seller is willing to take huge risk. And also that you also are risking your down payment - usually 10%. Now is such a great time to buy, Staunton will qualify for a rural development grant and you could get in for no down payment and great terms. Do you know your purchase power? Get your self to the bank or mortgage company. Give me a call direct and I can refer someone close to you. There are lots of reasonable priced properties in Mac. co.
Looking forward to chatting with you.
Marge Haworth
Landmark Realty
618-410-9830
Hi
Be careful with rent to owns. In this economy I have seen too many home owners taking huge deposits and then they stop paying the mortgage. Next, the property falls into foreclosure. Make sure if you find one, you look into any and all loans on the property, so you do not fall victim to this.
Best of Luck,
Nancy

Nancy Doyle
239-209-2237
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
http://www.nancyd.listingbook.com
http://www.nancydrealtor.net