Relocate, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

looking for a home in the charlotte, nc area. Interested in tax rates compared to Cabarrus, Gaston ,Irdell, Union and Mecklinburg Counties

Asked by Relocate, Houston, TX Mon Jan 31, 2011

Answers

2
I don't know the tax rates since it has been a while since I lived in that area. However, I lived in Concord (Cabarrus County) and it is a great place to live. Just outside of all of the hustle & bustle of Charlotte. Anywhere you go in the Charlotte area, I think you will love it. We sure did. There are many great areas and wonderful neighborhoods to live in. It really all depends on where you will be working. I would not want to commute from Concord to south Charlotte every day, so take that into consideration. One thing that we really loved about that area was the lakes. Lake Norman (north of the city) is a really beautiful place as well as Lake Wylie (south of the city). If you like living near water...I would definitely consider those areas. I think you will find that you love Charlotte as much as I did!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 1, 2011
Buying in any of these counties you will have lower taxes as compared to buying where a city has incorporated area into the city wher you pay the county tax + the city tax. We lived in city of Charlotte boundaries and paid city of Charlotte and Mecklenburg county taxes. Recently we moved to Lake Wylie which is in Mecklenburg county unincorporated paying only county taxes. We do pay a separate bill for trash pickup but our Police, Fire Dept and schools (CharMeck) are the same now paying about 35% less tax.

You can save tons of money if you consider "Foreclosures & Short Sales" when you search for your new home. A friend moved from LA to Atlanta and paid $450k for a $925K new movein ready home. My wife and I did the same we saved a boat load of money on a "Short Sale" it took less than 30 days to complete the process and close on the property. Not 4-5 months or even 6 months if a all as many broker/agents say. We bought a Water Front , new construction home with all the bells & whistles on Lake Wylie. The bank in a short sale will accept less than what is owed on the mortgage in this deal the bank accepted $325,000 less than what was owed on the $875k mortgage appraised at $940k. I call that a boatload of money when you can save $325,000 on a new home purchase.

Many brokers/agents don't want to help buyers with "Short Sales" they say it's just too much work. It is a lot of work for the agent but in the end you could be in your dream house with big savings to do other things like buy a boat..

Best of Luck,
Bill Carey,
Broker/Realtor
Certified Short Sale Specialist
Cell 704-905-0740
Fax 866-343-5945
Bill.Carey@HendersonProperties.com
http://www.HendersonHomesCharlotte.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 1, 2011