Home Buying in Uptown>Question Details

Kirk Elliott, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

looking for a condo hat we could live in as transition to Chicago in a few years that would have ability for short term rental. Suggested areas?

Asked by Kirk Elliott, Chicago, IL Fri Jan 18, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1062809288-5000-N-Marine-Dr-1…

Answers

8
Joe Schiller’s answer
you want rental you had better do your homework..more and more private buildings are limiting rentals so I can find a building that already has policy in place..come to my office and lets start
Hi Kirk,

Most condo associations don't allow short term rentals, but there are a few. Contact me to get started.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
If your looking for a short term rental try Craigslist.
Kirk,

As the rental market has become tighter it is more difficult to find short term rentals and today short term comes at a very high premium.

The 5000 N Marine Drive is a really great building. I have been in it many times and I have rented the co-op apartments for a couple of owners. It is truly a great co-op building and the common area beautifully maintained.

Sorry I am rushing headed out to pick up a listing. Work with a broker who will spend time to help you find what you are looking for.
Work with a Realtor to help you pinpoint exactly what you need.

How long do you want to rent for?
When are you coming?
What is your rental budget?

Feel free to contact me should you have any Questions.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Buildings will minimal or laid back associations, or possible owning a 2-3 flat. The loop or down-town locations tend to act as great places for short-term people. It's very complicated to lease as a short-term property.

Call me to discuss other options.
Michael Gentile
773.255.9815
mgentile@rpvinc.com
I've got a studio condo available that would work for you. It is located at 7337 s south shore drive chicago, il 60649. Let me know if your interested and would like more information.

Tony Guisto
708-942-7039
redhotrei@hotmail.com
There are no specific areas in which to find short term rentals. 95% of condo buildings do not allow short term rentals. They want a 12 month lease although I am unclear exactly what you are trying to do. Give me more details and perhaps I can help.