Viv, Home Buyer in Van Nuys, CA

looking for a agent to work with in the van nuys area ..any tips?

Asked by Viv, Van Nuys, CA Tue Oct 28, 2008

Im looking for a agent to work with in the van nuys area , thro a online agency i was assigned a agent who has primary site other than vannuys area .. does this mean he is not the primary person in vannuys area . he never returns my calls and no responses on the weekends but just keeps sending(emails) the listings ...for now i dont have a good feel about this assigned agent ..hope my hunch is good !! .how do i gauge a good agent in van nuys area (since there are a lot!!!) ..also how do i know that the agent has got good knowledge about the area that im interested ...any tips will be appreciated ..

Answers

8
Yanni raz’s answer
There are so many agents in the san fernando valley and van nuys.
You need an agent that will know the area(van nuys) and know the inventory so you will not spend your money for the wrong property.

If you're looking for house, Let me give you the source that all real estate agents use to look at properties that are on the market.
Click the link below, its 100% free for you to use.

Good Luck.
You have to hire an agent to help you in finding your property from Van Nuys area(in your case its van nuys). Dont hire a realtor from santa monica to find you a property in van nuys because he will not know the market.
What kind of property youre looking for?
What is your price range?
Are you qualified for a loan already?
I recomend Coldwell Banker not because I work there, but because I know that this company can really help you.

There are many other companies and you have the internet to search for them, its fun and easy.

Good Luck
Web Reference: http://homesinsale.com
First in this market anybody that is not calling you back has to get their heads examine. I would look at Realtors that are located in Van Nuys to start and then expand. I ran a report and about 7 brokers are located in that zip code. I would expand to include local areas and ask the agents in the last year how many buyers have you represented. You must feel comfortable with who ever you work with. I only do loans so if you need to get pre-qualified or want a 2nd opinion please contact me. Good Luck
Juan M Cepeda
Area Sales Manager
Website: http://www.milestonemtg.com/jcepeda
Cell (818)749-6858
Fax (818)332-3050
Email: jcepeda@milestonemtg.com
Here is Gerry's contact info. Call him!
Gerry Moylan
gmoylan@kw.com
323.528.9989
Hi Viv,
You answered your own question really.
If you don't feel good about working with an individual, then don't. Try someone else.

My broker is based in Burbank and covers the Van Nuys area.
If you'd like to try her send her an email at Anna.Nersesian@IdealChoiceRealty.com

Good Luck !
Viv
My friend Gerry knows Van Nuys well. gmoylan@kw.com
I can help you, too; I have sold there but I am about 15 minutes away from the area. Dump that agent who is not calling you back!
Best of luck.
Eileen Lanza
323.810.7935
eileenlanza@sbcglobal.net
If they are not contacting you by telephone there is a good chance he has put you on an automated system and he may not even know you have contacted him if he hasn't ck'd his email. Can you imagine actually finding a home you like with this agent and you can't reach him or he won't call you! Look for another agent, face to face! They should make appt. with you, have you come in office and sit and discuss what you want, what that agent can do for you and get you started for loan if you haven't yet.
Web Reference: http://doyleopensdoors.com
Dear Viv,

You definately want someone who specializes in the area where you wish to purchase. Ask a lot of questions and find someone with experience. If you don't know what questions to ask and really don't want to or have time to I would be happy to interview agents for you. I would just need some information from you. Your full name, the area you wish to be in (city and state), if you have a certain county and developement you wish to be in I would need that as well, you time line in moving if you have one and have you been qualified for a loan yet or will you be paying cash? Do you have a home to sell first? After I help you answer these major questions we will be able to determin if we are ready to move forward.