Home Buying in Elmhurst>Question Details

Susan, Home Buyer in Elmhurst A, NY

listing agent said he dont wanna work with my broker

Asked by Susan, Elmhurst A, NY Tue Apr 6, 2010

the listing agent said that he dont wanna with with my broker after i called him by myself cause every time my broker call he or his office said no more showing. i offered him that i am the one who will pay my broker and he still mentioned about he doesnt want to work with my broker is that mean that he dont wanna my broker to get involve at all?

Answers

5
Hi agree with Cynthia, if your agent is being stonewalled - regardless of the reason - then she/he should get the listing agent's broker/manager involved.

Good luck to you!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 6, 2010
If the lisitng agent has a personal problem with your agent that is a personal issue and should not involve you. Call the listing agents broker and state you want to view the lisitng.

If the listing agent has offers and his client (seller) has opted to stop showing the property which is a common practice fine.

Sometimes the lsiting agent has their own buyer and will attempt to block other agents from viewing a property.

If you are a ready, willing and able buyer and you want to see the property and the seller has not stop showing call the lisitng broker or LIBOR.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 6, 2010
Your agent should present the offer in writing as per Rule 703.11 of the MLS Rules "Listing Participants shall receive all written offers brought to their offices and issue receipts for same". Additionally rule 703.2 states that the "Listing Broker, or anyone licensed in the Listing Broker’s office, must advise the homeowner that an offer has been made and shall make arrangements for the offer(s) to be presented immediately." Your agent should get a signed offer acknowledgement form from the homeowner if he is not able to present your offer directly, because the seller has requested such in writing. Rule 703.41 f states that "If said forms are not returned to the Cooperating Broker within the
specified time Cooperating Broker may contact the Zone Chairperson or Director for assistance.' Your agent should contact LIBOR at the number below.

Long Island Board of Realtors, Inc.
300 Sunrise Highway
W. Babylon, NY 11704
Phone: (631) 661-4800
Is the agent saying no more showing because of an accepted offer or existing contract, I wonder--If that is not the situation, your agent should call the broker owner of the listing agent's realty company and discuss the issue--or your agent can discuss the situation with his broker owner and ask that the other broker owner be contacted and made aware of the issue.
Susan,

They are telling you "No more showings". This may mean negotiations are almost finalized and seller no longer wants anybody treking through their home and these instructions should be respected. This should not be taken personally by you and accept it as home is no longer available and move on to the next one.