Home Buying in Billerica>Question Details

Maureen, Renter in Dracut, MA

let me rephrase my last question, there is a $30,000 deceased grandparent estate with a lein on it, the family will be selling how would i go about

Asked by Maureen, Dracut, MA Sun Nov 15, 2009

getting a bid on it, how would the lein get paid off if they dont have the money to do it?

Help the community by answering this question:


This lien on the property $30,000. is deducted from the proceeds of the property
once it is sold this would be the job of the Title Company to see to it that this
lien will be deducted from the proceeeds on the sellers statement..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009
Your best bet is a real estate attorney and then use a buyers agency like ours when you are ready to bid:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
Hopefully you have an estate attorney. if you don't get one. Typically you would hire a real estate agent to market the home and get it sold. The lien will be paid off through the proceeds of the sale. If there are not enough proceeds that is where things may get sticky.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer