Home Buying in Kirkwood>Question Details

Mary B, Home Buyer in looking

kirkwood crazy!; how many other buyers are there in kirkwood atlanta?

Asked by Mary B, looking Thu May 1, 2008

everytime we have found the house for us someone else has already gotten in there before we had time

Answers

6
Kirkwood has continued to sell well even in this "slump" of a market. Let me know what you are looking for so I can eblast our other agents and let you know what listings are coming soon and go to BoBridgeport.com for new listing alerts - we are the leader in sales in Kirkwood.
Web Reference: http://www.BoBridgeport.com
Have you had your agent set you up with a custom gateway on FMLS? That would provide you with new listings (and price changes) the day after they are entered into the computer so you can check them out quickly and get your offer in ahead of the competition.
How many times is every time?

What's your price range?

Who is your real estate advisor?

Just like Lisa said, if you aren't using the gateway, then you should be.

You may need to fire an agent if you are this far along and not using the gateway - that's like showing up for a baseball game without a glove.

As a Kirkwood resident, I see lots of lingering inventory, and like Sarah said, the good ones go quickly.

You are either getting your real estate on or your aren't.

Start with the gateway, and if that's missing, hire a hyperlocal agent who understands exactly what you need and who will be timely in all efforts to help you.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 6, 2008
Mary,

It's hard because there is not a lot of "quality product" out there - If it is, it's selling fast, and if it isn't, then it's just sitting. Your Realtor should be staying on top of new listings and price reductions in your key neighborhoods. It's part of our responsibility to our clients, and I personally am obsessed with checking this several times a day and email my clients my findings.

On the same note - you need to be available to be shown the property and ready to make a move on it. Make sure you have a Lender picked out, are pre-qualified, and well aware of your finances. That way you and your Realtor can write up an offer the day you see a place you love and you won't take the risk of loosing it.

If I can be of any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Sarah Turner
sarah.turner@yourownsanctuary.com

Sanctuary Real Estate, Inc.
300 North Highland Avenue Suite B | Atlanta, GA 30307
T: (404) 688-3363 | F: (404) 688-3372 | M: (404) 323-9976
http://www.yourownsanctuary.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 1, 2008
Did you find a new one ?
That's happened to us too. The gateway is good but it still happens regardless especially in an area as popular as Kirkwood. If you don't have a gateway set up, ask your agent for one.