Susan Labbe, Home Buyer in New Port Richey, FL

is 32277 zipcode a good area to buy a new townhome?

Asked by Susan Labbe, New Port Richey, FL Sat Jan 15, 2011

Answers

7
As a real estate agent, we are NOT allowed to steer people into areas, Agents are in jeopardy of losing their license, so my advice would be to do some investigating, such as pulling crime reports, checking with people who live in that area, or ask friends on facebook (via message) and they will be the most accurate and honest!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 22, 2011
Susan,

Condos and townhomes were greatly overbuilt in Jacksonville from 2003-2007. As such, there is a bit of a glut of such properties on the market, and most existing owners who bought during that time frame owe more than their units are worth. As such, there is significant distressed (foreclosures, short sales, etc) inventory out there that needs to be "burned off" before prices are likely to rise again.

32277 likely didn't see as much of this overbuilding as other parts of the Jax metro area, so the market there may be a bit more stable.

Still, it's hard to justify buying "new" when distressed inventory nearby can be purchased for much less than what it cost to build. Yes, you may have to make some repairs to bring such units up to new standards, but the immense savings may make that worthwhile for you. There may also be some hassles in dealing with the lenders handling those properties, but in the end, the great deals available in the short run should offset those hassles.

Todd Smith
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 17, 2011
Hello! The best place to start to determine if a neighborhood meets your needs is http://www.citydata.com There is a wealth of information available for you to make your decision. I live close to that zip code and would love the opportunity to help you find your new home. Give me a call, we can discuss your 'wish list'. 904-482-8666
Hi Susan,

If you're thinking about living near a new job or the beach this zipcode is an excellent area to buy a new townhome. It's close to the beach and expressways to get you to downtown. Also, there are excellent restaurants in the Lowe's and Home Depot. area. In addition, Jacksonville has other great areas to live in that are close by as well You can contact me or any agent for more information. Good luck with your home search.
Debbie is correct Realtors are not to answer such questions. It is considered steering and can cause a Realtor to get into legal trouble.
32277 is an area I specialize in and I would be more then happy to show you homes or answer any questions about school districts, home values, local amenities, etc...
http://www.city-data.com is a site that has a lot of information about all zip codes, and they have a forum where you can ask questions to other residents in that zip code.
I can set you up with an account that will pull all the homes in this area that meet your desired criteria. Just give me a call or email me.
It most certainly is! Its very close to the Regency Square mall, the Naval Base and the beaches. This zip code is also close to 9A, which makes getting around town much easier.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Robert
Susan, "good" is a relative term. No agent is going to tell you it is "good" or not.

Look up all the information (google is great for this) you can on that area and the townhomes...............make a list of what you are looking for in an area , and see if there is a match.

You should also speak to a local agent who can give you more detailed information on sales in the area, so you can get a sense of the market there.