Home Buying in Tampa Heights>Question Details

Jerry, Both Buyer and Seller in Mesa, AZ

is this oil spill causing prices on the gulf side of Florida to go down?

Asked by Jerry, Mesa, AZ Fri Jul 9, 2010

prices of building lots on the gulf side of Florida will help me, as I am looking for building lots in the area....

Answers

2
Jerry,

To date I don't believe the oil spill has a direct correlation to pricing. I will however state that I've already had clients decide NOT to buy because of the fear of potenital oil on our beaches. This is certainly not out of the realm of possiblity! It may impact future prices, but keep in mind that even if we do see issues, it will eventually be cleaned up and restored. Waterfront property IS waterfront property...

Mark Zabilowicz
Weichert Realtors
813-849-8554
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
At this time we are seeing no direct impact on pricing. But there has definitely been a noticable decrease in our summer vacation traffic...undoubtedly because people don't want to take the chance of having a bad experience because of the "possibility" of problems.

Fortunately, we have seen no environmental impact in our location but many feel it's a mater of time......but for now the water is warm and our beaches remain beautiful. Let's hope it stays that way!