Mark Null, Real Estate Pro in Fort Lauderdale, FL

is this a good time to sell a home?

Asked by Mark Null, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Jul 12, 2012

Answers

37
Alex Escobar & Associates’ answer
Its a great time to sell but only if you want to or need to sell. The reason I say this is we have had a lot of "sellers" list their home for sale but are completely unrealistic in their asking price. They simply list it to "test the waters". This unfortunately is a huge waste of time for all parties (buyers, listing agents, buyers' agents, etc.). If you want to sell your home and are willing to be realistic about its current market value, then YES - its a GREAT time to sell. Interest rates are still low, more and more buyers have realized that the market has bottomed out and that prices will slowly start to go back up. If you are are a seller who's mainly curious as to the market and what you home may be worth, then contact an agent and ask them to run comparables. If you still want to test out the waters, then have that agent keep the listing as a 'pocket listing'. Feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to explain what I mean by this.
There has never been a better time because of the amount of cash buyers. When the cash runs out, and the rates go up, the market will have to adjust, and that means another round of price reductions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 6, 2013
The South Florida market has been trending upward for the past 18 months. Its not just a good time, ITS A GREAT TIME! Email me if I can assist in setting up a custom home search based on your budget and needs, Henry CENTURY 21 Tenace Realty Henry@century21.com
The question was asked in July of 2012...yet, it's such a good question for all times!

Selling then in 2012 - was good only if you had to...for example your condo had huge upcoming assessments, it changed rental rules (to have new owners wait a year or two before renting out), or you had a short sale situation...

Selling now - in the sellers market with single family homes increase this year of 5.6%,
plus still low interest rates, plus 70% of buyers of condos being cash...It's very very good.

However, some areas show increases in inventory (due to overpriced listings).
This is May 2014.

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Best time of the year to sell a home. School out and summer time people are actively looking!
Now is a fantastic time to sell your home, with low interest rates and a shrinking inventory.
Well priced and well maintained home go fast

Did you like this post? If so, please 'Like" it. Thank you!!

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!
It appears that this is a good time to sell a home. Evidence from all over the country show there are vibrant markets in most areas. This question should be posed to a Realtor who works your market. They will be able to show you actual sold data indicating number of days on the market and sold price relative to list price. If you have a well maintained property in a good location and you price your property fairly, you should be able to sell.
Mark I honestly don't know about Fort Laudedale. However in our Southeaster Pennsylvania, homes under $400,000 are flying off the shelf, We have seriously low inventory. Where ever you are, and the inventory is low or really low usually equals a great opportunity for sellers to capitalize on the market. With interest rates remaining under 4.5% for the most part. Anyone with the ability to purchase Real Estate should.

Hope if you sell you get all that you expect!

Rob Hughes-Long and Foster RE Inc.
This is a good time to sell, especially if your home is in a good location and is in good condition. Homes that don't need a great deal of work attract buyers these days, and even more so when it is combined with a nice location. But it is important to price it correctly by speaking with a real estate agent who can do a competitive market analysis of homes that are comparable that have recently sold in your area.
The honest answer is: you should sell your home when the time is right for you! The market will always have it's ups and downs. If you sell in a down market, that means you will be buying your next home at a lower price. If you sell your home while prices are rising, you will be able to walk away with more cash. However, be prepared to use that extra cash on your next purchase. Thus, as you see, you should sell when YOU are ready to move!

When/if you are ready, please feel free to give me a call at 508-237-4632.

Rick Tourgee
Better Homes and Gardens Florida 1st
RickTourgee@gmail.com
I believe it is a broad question that requires a lot of answers to an individual seller. Generally, I beleive it is a great time to sell your home. Especially if you want to sell and upgrade to another home or condominium or townhouse.
Web Reference: http://www.henrifrank.com
You could wait to sell next year when prices are much lower. Many sellers will wait to sell next year creating a huge amount of home inventory causing home prices to decline.
Yes, if

- You want to buy a bigger place. (Even if you owe more than your home is currently worth)
- You need to short sale (Tax exemption ends in December 2012.)

No, if
- You're underwater, but can afford to continue your payments.
- You want to downsize (consider becoming a landlord instead.)

CORRECTLY PRICED, in this market a property should receive multiple offers within 15 days. Priced too high, fewer buyers will see the property, and you'll end up with less money. What you should be seeking is a bidding war.
It's a great time to sell your home, provided you purchased before year 1998 and therby have sufficient equity in this property. If you'd like to know what price your home would bring in today's market, kindly click below and fill out a brief form, then submit.

http://josephroman.southfloridamls.com/?Page=566807

Joe Roman
ERA Herman Group
You can always wait until the interest rates jump back to normal, which shrinks the buyer pool every time there is an 1/8% uptick. If they snap back to normal it will cut the number of qualified buyers by what? More than half? If you are going to buy another home after selling this one and are going to get a mortgage, every day you don’t sell this one is one day closer to the higher rates that ARE going to happen. It’s only a matter of time. When, who knows? One day after the election? That is an important date for sure.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Yes of-course if the deal is perfect and you are getting good price in return then definitely this is a good time to sell a home.
Mark,

Your question has certainly sparked a great deal of response!

In short, this is one of the best times in recent years to sell a home. Inventory levels are at record lows, which is causing prices to go up. Here's a blog post I wrote on this topic recently "Shortage of Fort Lauderdale Homes For Sale Yielding Intense Competition" http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/shortage-of-fort-laude…

If you would like, I can provide you with a Market Snapshot that will help determine what your home is worth in today's market. You can either fill out a form online (http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/find-your-homes-value/) or contact me via email or phone to get the process started.

Chad Gray, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
754-300-6040
SELL! SELL SELL!

Then BUY!

It's a wash!

You are selling low, but buying low too!

100% loans now offered again! http://www.pro-option.com
This is the best time in the last 5 years to sell .Prices are starting to rise ,more people are buying
lenders are lending not the big banks so much but smaller lenders and there is a shortage of good inventory in the housing market.So if you have a quality home to sell nows the time!
Dear Mark

Hi! Is this a good time to sell a home? For a Seller, it is a great time!
Today's buyers can afford your home. housing affordability is at record high levels.
Interest rate are at historic lows.
Inventory is at an all time low, so if your home is priced right and looks great you will be getting multiple offers.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR, CDPE http://www.susanpenn.com
EWM Realtors® | A HomeServices of America Company | An Affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
2000 Main Street, Suite 103 | Weston, FL 33326
T: 954.306.7337 | C: 954.557.5993 | F: 954.515.0200 | penn.s@ewm.com | http://www.ewm.com
Hello Mark:

Everything is pointing to it being a Seller's Market again. I had clients out the other day and both homes that they choose already had contracts that were being negotiated. I was told by my real estate attorney this week that the expensive houses are starting to sell again, also. If a home is listed at the right price it should sell. If you would like a complimentary Compartive Home Analysis on your home please give me a call. I would be happy to assist you with the sale of your home. I am a top producing full time agent with Altantic Properties here in Ft. Lauderdale.

Barbara Easton-Irvin
Atlantic Properties International
954--740-7855
FloridaLiving4U@yahoo.com

Check out my website at http://www.FortLauderdaleHomes4U.net
Mark Null,

Per your question on Trulia > Home Buying in 33334, is this a good time to sell a home?

Contact me 'Lynne Knapp' (965) 647-5335 Cellular, or email me the best number and time to call you to chat!

Lynne Knapp, Realtor
ReMax Consultants Realty 1
Ft Lauderdale FL
LynneKnapp@aol.com
http://LynneKnapp.com
Web Reference: http://LynneKnapp.ReMax.com
Sell Sell Sell! The conditions are excellent for home sales, you will likely get a wonderful price for your home. Contact us for a listing presentation and comparative market analysis.
This is by far the best time to sell a home since 2005. Prices are up and inventory is low. The mortgage rates are at their record lows and you would be wise to sell now before any more foreclosures are released, which can drive prices down.
It is an excellent time to sell your home. Mortgage rates are at 3.56% and the inventory in Fort Lauderdale is reduced and home prices are on the rise. For more information contact us!
Mark, it depends on your situation.
if you ask, "Can your home be sold today?" Yes, inventories are low throughout the state.

If you ask, "Is it profitable for me to sell today?' The answer will depend on when you purchased and for how much. If you bought an REO last month at 30% of value...you are looking good at selling it now, then you are very likely in a good position to make a profit. (if you did it right).
-
If you bought in 2006 with an ARM, it is very likely you can sell your home but you will only receive the relocation incentive your bank may offer. Nothing else.
-
Then comes your neighborhood. The projection for your community will determine your outcome.
-
So, as you can see, it depends on your situation and what your selling needs and objectives are.
-
There's more than 20 ways to sell a home. Talk to a pro to get the details.
If you are serious pick up the phone and call a Fort Lauderdale agent.
Don't click that link
Don't send email.
Pick up the phone and call one of them....if you are serious.

Annette Lawrence
http://www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Hello Mark:
A great time to sell is now as the mortgage rates are so low and there is little inventory on the market, so sellers are getting top dollar as there is not much to choose from.
I would happily come by to give you an estimate of value on your home so that you can decide easier on your thoughts of selling. I am available any time in the next week to stop by and chat to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards,

Lynne Hale, Broker-Associate, CRS, e-Pro, CIPS
Fine Homes and Estates
Century 21 Hansen Realty Inc
Call or text: 954-303-0071
Email: lynne@lynnehale.com
Mark,

Everyone herein is correct. This is indeed a great time to sell your house because all the stars are lined up to sell quickly (low interest rates, low inventory high demand, etc.). But what is your situation, is it a good time for you to sell? Are you upside-down on your mortgage? Do you have any equity in your property? Did you over improve your house with renovations that you will not be able to recoup when selling unless you understand you will have to take a bath.

On the latter, many people overlook the concept that if they bough a house in 2003 for X amount at the time, they put $100K in improvements in it, that is all well and good, but the real estate market is back at the 2003 selling prices. Unfortunatley for sellers, they hope to recoup their improvement investment but that most likely won't happen, at least not for another 5 to 8 years down the road. Example: I sold a condo in original condition at East point Towers on Middle River (end cap facing the water and the ocean) in December of 2002 to a man for $299K . The man put $117K in upgrades. We sold it again on December 27, 2011 for exactly $300K. The owner wasn't happy with it but he didn't complaint either, he had to move on with his life for other goals.
Hello Mark:

The best time to sell is when mortgage interest rates are low. Selling your home when there are more buyers for your house than sellers means a high demand market for your home. Right now our housing inventory in very low and I have buyers simply waiting for properties to become available.The location of your property and demand will often determine its selling value.

Wayne Solomon, P.A.| Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
2301 Glades Road|Boca Raton, FL, 33431
C: 954-668-5498
E: Wayne.Solomon@floridamoves.com
Hi Mark,

Now is a good time to sell a home because there is not a lot of inventory on the market and interest rates are at near historic lows so more people can afford to buy. Properties that are priced right are selling very quickly. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your home and the possibility of putting it on the market.

Please feel to call, text, or email me anytime, day or night.

I hope you're having a great day and I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindly,

Kate Stout
954.895.6939
kmstout@gmail.com

Castelli Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Services
3908 N. Ocean Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Hi Mark,

It is absolutely a good time to sell. Inventory is low, and interest rates are low. The real question is... "Is it the right time for you to sell." I can't answer that untill we speak and I do a Comparative Market Analysis on your property and calculate a net sheet which will estimate how much cash you can walk away from a sale with.

I specialize in Wilton Manors and Oakland Park.

Lets talk.

Warm Regards,

Daniel W. OBrian

Daniel OBrian,
Henri Frank Group – Remax Preferred
2166 Wilton Drive
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
C: 754-244-1933
O: 954-585-7400
F: 888-586-8171
Email: Dan.OBrian.Realtor@hotmail.com
Blog: http://DanOBrianRealtor.com
FB: http://www.facebook.com/DanOBrianRealtor PLEASE LIKE MY FB PAGE
News Letter: http://danobrianrealtor.housingtrendsenewsletter.com/
Hello Mark, This is a great time to sell. As bob Benson mentions the prices are going up ( especially in Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach area) and the interest rates are low.

We at Century21 Hansen Realty have inhouse Mortgage person and the buyers who come to us go out feeling very happy knowing that they can actually afford to buy than rent!

Yashoda Gowda
954-348-7230
Century21HansenRealty
3010 E.Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 33308
E-mail: yashodagowda52@gmail.com
yashodagowda.com
Yes it is. Our inventory is low and interest rates are at an all time low - do you know what it means for the value of your house when interest rates are low? When interest rates go up, what do you think that does to the value of your house? It is a great time to sell. Call me if you need further info at 954-261-9956 Bob
The real estate market in south Florida is changing....inventory is decreasing and prices are beginning to increase in some locations. These are great indicators but another very important consideration is your home's desirability. Desiribility can include factors such as price, condition, location etc.

Our recommendation is to be in touch with a couple of local real estate professionals for their opinions. They should be able to clearify this issue for you and help you to understand the selling process more clearly.

Hi Mark,

I am seeing an increase in people wishing to purchase a single family home. So I would say that now is a better time to sell than the last year or so.

If I can be of further help please contact me directly.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
http://www.floridahouseseller.com
Please click on "contact" under my pic to discuss