Nancy Feller…, Home Buyer in Provincetown, MA

is this a dog friendly area?

Asked by Nancy Fellerman, Provincetown, MA Mon May 21, 2012

Answers

6
Is there sand at the beach? ;-) Absolutely! See you and your puppy in town Nancy...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Absolutely!!! The store owners in Rehoboth have water bowls in front of their stores. The only time you can not have dogs on the bboardwalk and beach are in season Memorial day to Labor day
Rehoboth is dog friendly as is Dewey. However, there are restrictions for dogs on the beach certain times of the year. Some condos permit owners to have dogs, but not tenants. Some communities have restrictions on the number of dogs an owner can have. There are lots of dog groomers, veterinarians, doggie day care businesses, dog walkers, and pet sitters in the area. I'm one of those dog lovers.
I have a dog and yes the area is dog friendly. Not only are there events for dogs, the dog Halloween Parade in Rehoboth, but as mentioned in another response, stores have water bowls out, and Blockhouse Pond in Lewes has "poop" bags at the entrances for your dog.

The only downside is no dogs on the Boardwalk in Rehoboth during summer season, and many of the state parks do not allow dogs. Lowes even allows people to bring dogs in the store in the summer, or at least used to.
This area celebrates our 4 legged friends more than anywhere I've seen across the country! Most public places welcome dogs, Rehoboth Beach especially. There are many events throughout the year that benefit shelters and rescue efforts that are well attended by dog lovers far and near. Delawareans are very passionate about their canine companions!
For Sure!!!! When the stores on the main street have water bowls on the sidewalks for dogs, I call that dog friendly!!!!