Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Colleen Ruso…, Other/Just Looking in Fort Myers, FL

is there such a thing as a mother-daughter or in-law suite type home with sep entrance in fort myers area?

Asked by Colleen Rusoff, Fort Myers, FL Mon Nov 1, 2010

Answers

11
There are options for you.....the courtyard concept first and foremost.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com
Hi, I just came across this thread and I know it is kind of old but I also will be looking for this type of housing. We are in the process of relocating from NY and need to bring my mom. My husband is already down there working in Ft. Myers. Do you have any current listings I could look at. Also I'm not sure what the courtyard concept is...Thanks
Flag Thu Feb 26, 2015
Hi Janet - As you can see from the responses below, Fort Myers does offer this type of housing. There are a few choices, but one in particular that stands out as nearly half of their community offers Courtyard homes with separate guest cabanas (bedroom, bath, and optional kitchenette). If you decide you would like information, please provide me with your email address. I will be happy to email you both resale properties and new products offered by the developer. Best wishes, Brenda

Brenda Sheets
"The Sheets Team"
International President's Premier Club for Coldwell Banker 2009 (Top 1% of Coldwel Banker agents)
Gulfshore Life's "Chosen Best in Satisfaction" from 2005-2010
Sheets.Team@ColdwellBanker.com
Hi Colleen,
I have attached a link at the end of this message that may be something like what you are wanting to find. I have lots of different locations throughout the city that offer similar features. Look forward to helping you when you are ready. Until then you may use my website to gain access to the entire Florida Gulfcoast MLS. The system will send you daily updates and will also help you to keep track of your favorites and properties that go pending.
http://www.swfloridahomebuyer.listingbook.com

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2010"by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Absolutely. Your email address will put them right at your fingertips!

Marc St Martin
MarcStMartin@gmail.com
888-447-0102
Hello Colleen! Absolutely, There are serveral homes in Fort Myers that meet that criteria. If you have an email address, I can send you some info.

Miriam Cady-Libretti, Broker Associate
Jones & Co Realty
888-471-5305
Residential.Specialist@yahoo.com
Hi Coleen, there are some.We have a few in Fort Myers Beach and Fort Myers, the Historic District or Downtown Fort Myers for ex. Please contact me so that we can narrow down your prefernces and then I will be able to show you the best possible choices.They may be an attached "in-law" suites, a separate bungalow or located around a pool or coutyard. Below through the link" web references" are a few examples.
and Happy Hunting!

LLoyd Nichols
Sandals Realty
cell: 239-810-2980
office: 239-463-5217
Larger courtyard homes often have a separate entrance that could be used as an in-law suite. Many of these are constructed around a swimming pool. Some homes, mainly in the upper price ranges have separate guest houses on the property. This is a popular configuration on Sanibel and Captiva.

Good luck with your search!
yes, there are. You may also want to consider a duplex. One side for you and the other for Mom. Not all duplexes are the same size on both sides. some were even built for your type of situation. give me a call if I can help.
There are a few. Many courtyard homes have a separate building that would house a bedroom and bath. I've seen these with a common entrance to the courtyard, then you have the option of going to either building. Otherwise a separate guest house may as well be the answer.

David Lang
They are not all that common but some homes are built that way - another option is a courtyard home where the main house is in one building and then a separate building is the "suite".

Feel free to contact me if you have other questions.

Terry McCarley, Realtor®, CDPE
Re/Max Realty Team
email: leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net
cell: 239-707-4575
I currently have a listing that has a separate guest house, with private garage, In Bonita Springs! There are some in Fort Myers, as well.
Janet Rushin
Rushin Realty
239-851-5537