Home Buying in Coon Rapids>Question Details

Kekepania Ho…, Home Buyer in Coon Rapids, MN

is there a way to get financing easier through a credit union?

Asked by Kekepania Holm, Coon Rapids, MN Mon Feb 27, 2012

Answers

3
Typically the answer is yes if they do not sell off their loans like Brooks has said. Us realtors can also be a great source since we have many lender contacts for specific buyers. I for example specialize in 1st time home buyers in Anoka County including Coon Rapids. I know the down payment programs, as well as having the right loan officers in place to provide state funding as well.

I do also have credit repair companies where that makes sense to buyers. Waiting 3-4 more months in order to get better financing in this particular market is usually more advantageous.

I also work with investors and know all about creative financing as a last resort that will work for anyone that has the income.

Bottom line? If you do not have a Realtor on your side there is a lot more work you will have to do that is unnecessary. And considering that the seller pays my fees to work with you there really is no downside to working with us.

If you would like further information on how a Realtor may be able to assist you just contact me directly through Trulia! Just hit my profile icon and you are well on your way.

Christopher Block
Bridge Realty
651-307-7663
First of all, check with your credit union to see if they offer loans. Some of the smaller ones don't. Also you may wanna check with your realtor and ask if they have someone inhouse or someone they know that does "creative' financing....So many options....good luck...
Speaking in generalities, credit unions (and smaller banks) of which you are a memebr of (or which you can join during the process) will have more flexibility in their loans. This is because they will for the most part keep thier loans as portfolio loans. Meaning they arent selling the loan off to a larger bank that has specific fico score requirements etc. This will vairy though quite a bit between institutions based on their own situations. My experience with them has been very positive, much less red tape than some of the larger lenders
!
Web Reference: http://www.mspagents.com