Home Buying in Scarsdale>Question Details

NYHomes, Home Buyer in Armonk, NY

is there a reason why homes in scarsdale are priced lower than harisson and armonk?

Asked by NYHomes, Armonk, NY Thu Sep 13, 2012

We are looking at homes between 400 and 600K in armonk, harrison and scarsdale, because of the schools. We oticed scarsdale has cheaper homes than the others. Are we just lucky or is there another reason?

Answers

8
Think you are looking at Scarsdale po and not Scarsdale proper
You get a lot more land in most cases in Armonk then in Scarsdale. Also, look at the square footage of the homes in your price range. And then look at the taxes, they tend to be lower in Armonk. Happy to answer more questions as I am based in Armonk. nancy.strong@elliman.com
Hi, it will all depend on the school distri0t the homes are in. For example homes in Scarsdale with New Rochelle schools are much less then Scarsdale proper. Scarsdale encompasses a few districts as well. Most homes in the range in Armonk tend to need work, I recently showed a few. Another area you might try is Pleasantville. That area has opened up in that price range withing the last year.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914 406 9023
Have you actually gone to see the houses in all the communities you are referring to or are you just browsing on the internet. I actually show houses in all those areas, and I will tell you there are houses in Scarsdale cheaper than Armonk and vice versa, but often they might be on a busier street or need more work, or just be in the PO area of Scarsdale not in the school district area.
As an experienced agent that lives and works in Scarsdale, and also shows houses in Armonk and Harrison (as well as other areas of lower Westchester), I would be happy to answer questions about specific homes should you wish to work with me to find your new home.

Mindy Gerstein
Prudential Centennial Realty
mgerstein@prucentennial.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 13, 2012
They may have a Scarsdale address, zip but you should really be using a local agent. They may not be in the Scarsdale school district.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 13, 2012
Buyer beware! You need to understand the price nuances of each municipality. It is not the same as comparing Toyota, Honda and Nissan. Resale values will be very different as well as taxes.
Thank you for picking my answer as the best... We actually have several great homes in Scarsdale in your price range..... I would love to show you them and would be honored to help you. Please let me know if you would like to meet on Sat or if Sun would be better
Thank you very much everyone for taking the time to reply. I now understand that the homes in Scarsdale may be in a different school district. We have seen about 12 houses in both Armonk and Harrison and unfortunately they have either been in very bad shape or the good ones have sold quickly.