Home Buying in Lancaster>Question Details

cgensemer050, Home Seller in Lancaster, TX

is there a realtor in the lancaster area that if they don't sell it in 60 days they will buy it?

Asked by cgensemer050, Lancaster, TX Mon May 20, 2013

Answers

3
These types of realtors are few and far between. My partner does this offering, but you must keep in mind, that if the home does not sell, the agent or investors that he works with, will not be buying the home at fair market value. It is typically far less. In the last year he did three, and all three transactions were because the homeowner did not want to sit on the market and there were small or no mortgages on the properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013
Good answer from Keith.

Most of the agents I've heard about who've offered such services have stopped doing them. The problem is that--as Keith notes--many properties end up getting purchases substantially below market value. This causes the sellers to become unhappy, and no one really comes out the winner.

It's also probably better just to price the house aggressively--at the low end of the comps--from Day One.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Please give me a call @(717) 286-9662. No hassle, no pressure, just honest to goodness help anyway I can ... and thanks! -Barbara Ries, Realtor® eCertified®