Home Buying in Dennis>Question Details

William Bund…, Home Buyer in Sandwich, MA

is there a difference in price between Dennis and Yarmouth?

Asked by William Bundeff, Sandwich, MA Wed Sep 7, 2011

Answers

8
There are definite differences in the two towns. The biggest being beach access. While both have North and South side beaches, Dennis Northside is very popular and expensive. Yet as a taxpayer, you have access to all beaches. There are "resident only" beaches and parking lots on both coasts.
Yarmouthport is very charming and though close to these beautiful Bay beaches, you cannot get a sticker unless you own in Dennis. The southside would be the better beach access in Yarmouth. West Dennis is also lovely and more expensive than Dennisport on the Southside.
Location and water access means everything in both towns.
Dennis taxes are lower, both have great golf perks.
Happy to help you sort is all out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 8, 2011
I am in the same boat in terms of making a buying decision. I understand the beach quality and access evaluation that comes with having a Dennis resident sticker (which costs $40).
Non-resident stickers can be had for $300.

When I compare a property in Dennis and West Yarmouth with relatively the same distance to bay or sound, why wouldn't I go with West Yarmouth if I am a seasonal user (don't care about schools, etc).

My thinking is to buy more house in Yarmouth knowing that even if Dennis, I would still be packing a car for the daily beach trip. Keep in mind my budget is 200k so I can't get close to the beach if I want a 3 bedroom capable of hosting 4 adults and 4 kids in bunk beds.
Yes. You can search Dennis & Yarmouth homes to compare pricing here-> http://www.capecodrealestateservices.com/search.asp

Want to go out & see the pricing difference for yourself? Contact us @ 508-790-2000 or info@mariesouzateam.com & we'll set up a tour of homes that meet your criteria. We do offer buyer agency, representing the buyer's interests in a property purchase.

The Marie Souza team - Top Selling on Cape Cod
http://www.facebook.com/CapeCodRealEstateServices
It depends on what type of house, how close to the beach, year round or seasonal use, age of the house, and your budget.
I think Lisa has given you great information when it comes to the differences between the two towns. As she mentioned, even within one of the towns there are varying areas (West Yarmout, Yarmoutport, etc).

So yes, there are of course differences, but what exactly did you mean when you asked your question?
Not sure what happened?

Anyways, there are many differences and variables to consider when purchasing a property on the Cape. Dennis can be more expensive then Yarmouth in areas and Yarmouth can be more expensive then Dennis. It comes down to same old key words in Real Estate....location,location,location. Is the property in Yarmouth Port or West Yarmouth? Is it North or South of 6A or 28? Is it close to the beach or in a good neighborhood? All of these questions will apply when considering value. If you'd like help with your search or with a particular property feel free to contact me anytime.
There are differences in prices throughout the Cape when you cross into one town from the next. That being said, it's a bit difficult to generalize when you just say Dennis versus Yarmouth. Dennis is more expensive than Dennis Port and Yarmouth Port is pricier than West Yarmouth. Sort of...........Now throw in proximity to beach, North or South of 6A or 28, neighborhoods, etc.... The list of variables goes on. If you are interested in comparing property to property I'd be happy to help. You can call, email or text me anytime.

Lisa Cannata, Realtor
774-353-7129
Compare the real estate tax rate for the two towns. You can also search the MLS and compare home styles and prices at the following web address: http://bestchoice.net/Search_20_the_20_MLS.html
Philip Austin
Best Choice Real Estate
Phil@BestChoice.net
Toll Free Phone: 1 (800) 984-5336