Home Buying in Hemet>Question Details

superman, Home Buyer in New York, NY

is the resale or rental value good for a 25k mobile home in hemet ca.?

Asked by superman, New York, NY Fri Oct 19, 2012

Answers

2
John DL Arendsen’s answer
There's an age old adage about Hemet. "If everything in Hemet that had wheels on it rolled out of town there'd be no Hemet". Actually Hemet has become a very fine city with lots of upwardly mobile development and great opportunity for both business and retirement.

That stated, I would definitely not be considering a 25k mobile home. As Diane stated there are "Trailer Parks" and there are "Manufactured Home Communities". I'd definitely go with the latter. Mobilehomes built before June 15, 1976 (PRE HUD) are old and tattered and built like a trailer for the most part.

But homes built from about the early 80's on were built just like stick built houses and are a much better quality. Additionally, PRE HUD homes were built with several caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos and could be harmful to your health.

I would definitely consider raising your price point to about $50, 000 at least or just rent until you can save or qualify for a "Manufacture Home" in a nice park/community. This comes from an individual who's been in this industry for almost 3 decades and has worked in the Hemet area that whole time.

Please feel free to log onto our very user friendly websites if you would like any further info about MH's

http://www.mh-processing.com
Depends on where the home is located. We have over 47 parks in the Hemet San Jacinto Valley area. From "Trailer Parks" to "Mobile Home Estates". For the $25,000.00 price range this is the median market I have experienced in the last year and a half. Rentals are available, but I have not dealt with them. There is a large inventory of senior homes available in this price range. Some in spectular condition and some not so well cared for. The conversations I have had with buyer's who are currently renting is that they want more than basic and great value for the dollar. They are finding that in this market. I have seven listings from $61,500.00 to $15,500.00, they all have some special feature that sets them apart from the ordinary. If I can be of assistance, and you are not currently working with a Realtor, please call me at 951-491-9642.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012