Home Buying in Cedar Hills>Question Details

Lorrane   C…, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

is the owner of 4726 Herta rd going 2 clean it up frm meth lab b 4 its put on the market?

Asked by Lorrane C Wiggins --aubrey, Jacksonville, FL Fri Jul 19, 2013

Answers

4
Hickory & Donna Delegal’s answer
We have not driven by the home....also....MANY places have been on he T.V. News and in the Newspaper...and it is impossible to remember EACH location, date, etc......there are many more homes and apartments that have had this type of illegal activity...IF I do not have PERSONAL knowledge that I can recall or prove with articles...then ....I MUST NOT "assume" to KNOW. The ONLY person who can REALLY answer your question is the owner of the property.

I appreciate the opportunity to clarify my answer. Check with the city...or Police Department....they should know the requirements that the homeowner will need to follow.

Donna Delegal
"The Real Estate Lady"
Oceaside Real Estate
startpacking@comcast.net
(904) 732-PACK 732-7225
If it was a meth lab and it's vacant, it's very possible the owner is unable to do anything. I would recommend calling the city. 904-630-CITY

Glad to see you care about your neighborhood!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 19, 2013
I own the house E-Mail me at livinliferight@outlook.com
Flag Fri Sep 20, 2013
i qwned that house once .I sold it in 1979,im interested in buying it back,but it needs 2 b cleaned up fr being a meth lab would like more info on it,email me @ skeetix16@att.net thanks.
Flag Fri Sep 13, 2013
how did u not know this was a meth lab it was on the news & in all the papers i rode by there & its all borded up & the grass is three feet high it looks awful'
Hi Lorrane.....interesting question......what a world we live in !
I am not knowledgeable about city /legal requirements for cleaning a property that has been used as a meth lab.....I am am not aware that this property was envolved in that activity......However....I AM aware that this is a serious issue and would require a complete cleaning as if there had been an aspestos issue ( those cleaning the property would be wearing protective covering and also ventalation masks) This is SUCH a good question .... one that is a "new" issue for the real estate industry and requires further research and education...so...THANK YOU for this timely question. Will Let you know when I know more.

However.....please understand that I know nothing about the history of this property.....and would not want anyone to think that in answering this question I have ANY knowledge of any type of illegal activity in this property....

Donna Delegal
"The Real Estate Lady"
Oceanside Real Estate
startpacking@comcast.net
(904) 732-PACK 732-7225