Jim, Home Buyer in Franklin Lakes, NJ

is the harbourtowne golf coure privately owned - is the land leased? Is there any chance of the course shutting down for developement?

Asked by Jim, Franklin Lakes, NJ Sat Jul 28, 2012

Answers

2
Hi Jim - Regarding Harbourtowne Golf Resort. I confirm this is privately owned and is within a development known as Martingham Inn consisting of approximately 126 single family homes (including waterfronts), four townhouse communities (Widgeon, Quail Hollow, Gull Wing and Swan Villas) and 1 waterfront townhouse community (Hambleton Cove) with deeded boat slips. Harbourtowne Resort offers accommodation and restaurant. Membership for the golf, tennis, swimming pool and gym is by application and is not part of the HOA fees. The Martingham Homeowners have a community waterfront lot on Swan Road for use by owners. I also live on Martingham and will be happy to answer further questions. Call Elizabeth 410-924-1959.
Jamie people actually buy homes, condos, etc. in this community and own their own homes/land. There is a homeowners association which offers access to golfing, tennis and more (paid) plus there's a community waterfront lot with access. Please feel free to contact me for further info - would be happy to assist you.
I was actually more interested in the financial stability of the golf resort. I live in a community where a course was on leased land. The land was sold for development so the allure of golf course living is now gone
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012