Home Buying in 07081>Question Details

Eortiz52, Home Buyer in 07081

is possible to change the date of closing in a house we buying?

Asked by Eortiz52, 07081 Tue Jan 17, 2012

we have a closing day for 01/18/2012 but we need to change the date. we are the buyers.its possible to do it?

Help the community by answering this question:


Did you change the date? Regards,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 17, 2012
Do you have a Realtor representing you? Best to check to make sure it's not going to expire any dates that were agreed to previously or that will change any terms that all parties have already agreed to that could cause your current contract to be invalid! If it's agreed to by all parties and the lender, you may extend the date possibly. Your Realtor will draw up an addendum that will say something like "Close of escrow to be..." (and add the date). But make sure it's signed before the deadline date by both seller and buyer. Otherwise, your contract could be voided! The escrow officer/title company or attorney will need to change the prorated numbers for the final payoff to the seller's lender and also on the new loan's HUD statement as well. My suggestion...is to call your Realtor first! Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 17, 2012
Definitely ask your attorney and if for some reason you don't have one (which is why you may be asking this on Trulia) - then hire one and ask them to send a letter asking for an extension. Worse comes to worse, ask your attorney about "Time of the Essence"... you will not necessarily be in breach of you don't meet the exact date on your contract. All states are different, but in NJ this might work for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 17, 2012
I'm glad you didn't wait until the last minute!

We use a form for extension; it is common.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 17, 2012
The attorney that represents you is the best person to ask that question to.
The circumstances behind the request, will usually have a bearing on the response you get.

Joe Nunes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 17, 2012
You need to reach out to your attorney who is handling your closing. S/he will be able to advise
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 17, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer