Home Buying in Vineland>Question Details

Joe08c6, Home Buyer in Vineland, NJ

is now a good time to buy in this area?

Asked by Joe08c6, Vineland, NJ Sat May 14, 2011

I am very close to purchasing my first home in vineland and im being slightly swayed by reading different articles about buying when interest rates are low is a bad time to buy and how as they rise property values will depreciate more

Answers

9
Interest rates rise in an inflationary market. In other words as commodity prices and home prices go up, the feds raise interest rates to slow any inflationary climb. Interest rates are low now to help spur spending, especially home buying purchasing. You can be sure that when interest rates rise, home prices will be higher.
So to answer your question....right now is a great time to buy. The market has two things going for it for buyers, one low prices and low interest rates. The real estate market has not seen this combination in decades.
I've been working in real estate for over 15 years in Vineland. I have my real estate license with Exit Uptown Realty. I'b be happy to connect you with a mortgage rep that can pre-qualify you. I will search for homes for you, help you sort out which home suits your needs, take you on a tour of homes, help you in the purchasing process which includes sitting with you and your mortgage rep, negotiating a home's sale price, finding a home inspector, termite inspector, title company and if necessary, water and sewer certifications. I will work with you towards every process to get you to settelement on your new home. I will be there at settlement to smooth any problems that might come up.
You can contact me at 609-364-0172 or dlowenstern@exituptown.com.

David Lowenstern
Realtor Associate
Exit Uptown Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011
Now is certainly a great time to buy. A lot of the buyers we are pre-approving are actually buying distressed homes and utilizing one of the great renovation programs that are available. The FHA 203K is a great program that allows you to buy a home and make the home of your dreams on your budget. If you would like more information on renovation loans or standard mortgages please feel free to reach out to me.
Ah!!! Its definetly time to buy...prices have definetly been on the upswing which will push up those nice low interest rates we currently have eventually. Rates are still historically low but get in now before prices go up. It's the best of both worlds!
Potential candidate if you haven't purchased yet:
http://www.trulia.com/property/3066462369-1856-Tomahawk-Cour…

Good luck with your house hunting search in Vineland!
First of all, I must commend you for asking first. If you are in a position to purchase , when the interest rates are low it's great , in addition to the fact that in many states it's a buyers market and you can get more house for your money. In the long run you will have tax write offs on your mortgage, in addition to the fact that are putting your money towards an investment instead of flushing it down the toilet.

On a side note, get pre-qualified so you know what dollar amount you can spend. You don't want to fall in love with a home and then find out that it's too expensive. Also, if you are pre qualified for 250,000 but you only want to stay under 200,000 make sure the pre qpproval letter reflects the lower amount because it helps your negotiation. you can always have them adjust it up incrementally as needed.

It's always a good time to buy if your finances are in order, need to buy and are ready to buy; as for the articles you've read--unfortunately none of us knows where the market will head tomorrow or in the days to come, never easy when it comes to predictions...
Now is a great time for a buyer since many properties are being sold well under their true value. I am a realtor in Vineland and I would be happy to assist you with your purchase. I work for Maturo Realty and you could contact me @ (609) 319-8814. Best of luck with your search.

Dominie Dondero
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
Hello Joe,

It's truly hard to predict the future... however, if our economy does recover eventually, which it really should if you believe history repeats itself, then now is a great time to buy, anywhere. Even if prices go down just a tad bit before they go up, they will still go up...

Even though we're in a bad state, I know that property prices on the West Coast are still higher than they were 10 years ago.

If you're looking for an investment property, check out this blog I just wrote:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/mfleysher/2011/05/available_recom…

Cheers!
As long as you are buying a home that with three factors in mind price, location and condition. Do not over pay and this is absolutely the best time to buy. If I can assist please call or email me.