Home Buying in Cherry Hill>Question Details

kenji nguyen, Home Buyer in Cherry Hill, NJ

is now a good time to buy a home in cherry hill area? or the home prices are still depreciating and the mortgage rates remain this low for some time?

Asked by kenji nguyen, Cherry Hill, NJ Fri Nov 9, 2012

Answers

7
Thank you everyone for your input. I really appreciate it.
No, it is NOT a GOOD time to buy a home in the Cherry Hill area. Rather, it is a FANTASTIC time.

Mortgage money is dirt cheap as rates are near or at their all time lows. Area home prices have firmed and demand is starting to heat up. Most importantly, commercial vacancy rates in the Cherry Hill area are way down from a year ago; this indicates that the real estate recovery is genuine not a fortuitous blip upward. And, while mortgage rates might dip ever so slightly more - most economists seem to predict rates to remain low for several more months - any savings from further rate declines are likely to be offset by upward pressure on prices from the increasing buyer demand. Waiting only means that you will have fewer highly desirable properties from which to choose. It is not a good time to buy. All signs point to it being an awesome time to buy.

If you are thinking of buying, I urge you to interview agents and enter into a buyer's agency agreement with the one agent whom you believe is best qualified to represent your interests, protect you from financial risks inherent in the buying process, and negotiate the best price and most favorable contractual terms for you. Don't make the naive mstake of thinking agents achieve the pretty much the same levels of outcome for their clients.

Jonathan E. Brill, Ph.D.
Realtor Associate
Beowulf Plaza, Suite 200
1814 Route 70 East
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08003

GET THE RESULTS YOU DESERVE.
Put my Ph.D. in Marketing and Wharton School
business education to work for you!

Main Office: 856.321.1212
Office Fax: 856.321.1414
Direct Line: 856.685.1956
Cell: 617.872.5580
e-Fax: 775.898.2651

e-Mail: DoctorJ@KW.com
Websites:
http://DoctorJ.KWrealty.com
http://www.SouthJerseyRealtor.net
http://DoctorJ.myKWagent.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Now is one of the best times that I have seen in 20 years in the real estate business. Low rates plus low prices equals real value. I'd act soon before you miss the bottom which some feel has already happened in the under $200k category. Inventory is down and new listings that are beautiful and priced right are selling quickly, a sure sign that things will be improving.
I do not anticipate mtg rates remaining this low for much longer. It's almost impossible. But Almost a year ago it was said they couldn't go any lower.. And here we are so low, it's never been a better time to get a mortgage. Rates this low allow you to buy more home for less money. You'll be able to qualify for more of a house and still stay within a budget.

Home prices are low too. Still depreciating??? I dont think so, you may have a house here and there going for a little less money, but if you look at inventories now, the nicer homes have sold and the nicer homes that come on the market ...sell fast. The homes that need repairs are still on the market with less appeal. Buy a home with repairs needed, or already to move in perfectly? I can help you answer that question...yourself!

Prices are not depreciating anymore. Statistically they have been going up. Not enormously, but slowly they are climbing. I find the best time to buy is in the winter. Less buyers... less competition. Usually will find a real nice home that just gets listed that you can get a really good deal, and be very happy with.

don't look at just price. You have to be happy with the home. If you are an investor trying to flip the house, then yes look at price. An investor doesnt care much about the house other than how much money can be returned.
However a homeowner needs to consider the price, within their budget, but also the house. It's a "home" Some where you will be able enjoy with your family and friends for a long time!

Your best deals are homes that need repairs and short sales.. if you are looking at price and maximizing your equity. And there are many ways to finance the repairs right into your purchase and walk into a practically new home. Want to know more contact me...

Today is a good time to buy. Back in mid 2000's people were saying the same thing but prices were erratically high then. today prices are low. As demand and easing for financing becomes greater and easier, prices will go up. They wont will go up much, but a controlled appreciation is good. If they start dramatically going up like before, then you need to be careful... But not now!

If you need assistance I would love to show you some ideas and homes. Let me help you understand the market you want to buy in. Contact me! 7 days nights Call Email Text...

Search foreclosures and short sale here: http://www.BuyNJShortSales.com

"Nobody Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX"

Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips

Larry Sarlo When you want it Sold Fast!
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days
lsarlo@comcast.net
http://www.larrysarlo.com
Hi Kenji... It seems like the Interest rates will stay under 4% for at least another year. As far as the prices, in general they have stablized and in a few cases they have increased! This is based upon the prices from 2011 for the same period in 2012. If you have good credit it would be in your best interest to find a home and to settled down.
Hey Kenji,
No one knows 100% what the future has in store. People can make projections though. Warren Buffett is getting in the real estate game, he just bought one of the nations largest residential real estate companies. I think a smart investor like him would not get involved unless he felt the market hit bottom, and was on its way to recovery. That would back up the real estate forecasters projections that home prices are going to start increasing at a rate of 1%-2% per year. I am a full time Realtor in the Cherry Hill area, and I can tell you that the number of homes selling is up from last year as well. So generally speaking if you are not a home owner yet, now is the time to jump in! You can borrow money at an extremely low rate, and home prices are at bottom. Email me your phone number if you want to talk a little more.

len.sells.homes@gmail.com

Leonard J. Antonelli
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
No one has a crystal ball. If you are looking for the most competive programs, I would the opportunity to help you. If the numbers makes sense, thats the most improtant thing. If you are looking to buy and sell, you can play the stoc market as well