Home Buying in Willingboro>Question Details

magdadiaz11, Home Buyer in Willingboro, NJ

is my house on forclosure?

Asked by magdadiaz11, Willingboro, NJ Wed Nov 7, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Marsha Bowen Washington’s answer
If you have missed three payments or more, you are in jeopardy of your lender filing a foreclosure suit against you. It's best you avoid foreclosure if you can by reaching out to your lender for other options. A foreclosure can have serious ramifications to your credit and being credit worthy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2012
Hello Magdadiaz11,
Thank you for your question.
1.- If you are asking and you are the owner. You will know if you are in the process of foreclosure if have not made your mortgage payments. First your bank will send you notices, offer you to work with you do a loan modification to stay in it and they if you do not hear from you and you are late for a couple of months they put a notice at the Court initiating the foreclosure procedure.
Please look at your past mortgage statements or ask whoever does the payments and you will see if you are late and how long.
2.- If you are a tenant. You may have to ask the Landlord directly specially if some notices arrive at your rental home.
There is a process call short sale to avoid having your home foreclosured without the tremendous dent in your credit selling it before the bank foreclose on you. Call or contact me and I can explain further. 609-313-8518 or inesdelacruz@remax.net
Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Ines De La Cruz, CRS, ABR
RE/MAX Connection
Visit http://www.inesdelacruz.com to view all the homes in South Jersey.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2012
Why do you ask? Did you see your home listed somewhere as being in foreclosure? If foreclosure was filed there should be paperwork on file with your county court system. Most of the listings you see on line are pulled from that information. And, yes, you should have received some sort of notices in the mail and probably also from your local court.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2012
You'll need to provide more information about your particular situation such as how many payments you may be behind, what notices have you received etc..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer