rodricke, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

is it wise to buy in the newer areas of west sacramento? seems to be improving but......

Asked by rodricke, Sacramento, CA Wed May 16, 2012

Answers

6
Joe DeAnda’s answer
West Sacramento has been undergoing quite a reformation in the past 10-15 years. With thoughtful planning and strong leadership, the city has - and still is - cleaning up old trouble spots, while in the new areas providing wonderful, safe places to live and play. All at tremendous value compared to other cities in the region.

And it's not done - the waterfront is continuing to be developed, and additional retail, dining and entertainment venues continue to crop up. Now, I may be biased since I live and work in the city but I don't think you can beat the combination of location, amenities and value.

I'm a life-long resident of West Sacramento and would love to help address any concerns you have. If you've got any specific questions or if you'd like to take a look for yourself, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Joe

916-834-5062
joe@capwestrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
I, along with many other residents in the community have been asking the City to address the homeless traffic in the area! we have finally got their support! they are committed to working on a solution that will help address the issue and hopefully redirect the people traffic! the BCC is a center that has been providing minimal services to the homeless who show up every morning and just hang out! The city are currently working on a land switch deal to help move the BCC to a non residential area, this will be a huge change in demographics for us in the neighborhood and hopefully better services the needs of the homeless!

! and yes I say come on over to west sac lots of great things happening her,
I am also a 9 year resident of West Sacramento. As Joe stated, there have been many improvements to the West Sacramento area in the past decade. The current city leaders are working hard to clean up some of the bad areas and really put West Sacramento on the map.

It is my belief that as the economy and housing markets continue to improve, more dining and shopping establishments will come with it. There are great schools in the area and quiet neighborhoods with a variety of sizes of homes that will fit the needs of many buyers. West Sacramento is a great up and coming area.
It's exciting to live in West Sacramento we have continued to grow through the toughest of economical times due to good city planning. There is a lot on the agenda for projects to come. I live in the older part of West Sac a few blocks from the river and I love it......But if you like the more newer modern homes South port is for you! I renovated my little house and I can't tell you how happy I am....I can walk over the I st bridge to down town to shops and restaurants its wonderful.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
My wife and I moved to the Southport area of West Sacramento from Newport Beach and we absolutely love it here! Like Joe, I do live and work here in West Sacramento and I may be a little biased, but I can honestly tell you that our neighbors are fantastic, streets are safe and full of life, parks are all being used and a very important part of this area is that Southport Elementary and Bridgeway Lakes Elementary schools are scoring very high and that is a big draw to this area.

Inventory levels of available homes have dropped substantially, so the selection isn't what it used to be, but with the right Realtor helping you react quickly to new listings, you can edge out the competition. Most homes are receiving multiple offers these days, so you need to know the right value for a home to know that you aren't bidding too high.

As previously mentioned, there are other amenities on the way and this is such a great location, close to so much, but also with the great small town feel. I'd be happy to show you the different neighborhoods and talk with you about how wise it really is to buy in the newer areas of West Sacramento!

Marty Swingle
Capital West Realy, Inc
916-718-7134
marty@capwestrealty.com
It is a great time to buy in West Sacramento! I live and specialize in West Sacramento. Our local market is on fire. West Sac is so close to the hub --downtown, the river, easy freeway access to Tahoe or SF. You get so much for your money compared to other areas and there's no flood insurance required. Not to mention we have the best, most progressive Mayor ever!

If you are looking at new construction in Southport, don't make the mistake of viewing the models without a Realtor. We can negotiate many more benefits for the buyer than they can on their own. I just got a buyer twice as much of a closing cost credit than the builder was offering buyers who were unrepresented. I also negotiated appliances and window coverings throughout the house.

The commissions agents are paid come from a totally seperate budget and don't impact the "goodies" a buyer get when they purchase new construction. The builder's representatives represent the builder, not the buyer.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! Cari Hendricks, Broker Associate, Keller Williams Realty, 916 371 4663.