Home Buying in Delta>Question Details

Babybump09, Home Buyer in Delta, PA

is it true that since I don't have an income and Im not on the loan, I can't be on the deed?

Asked by Babybump09, Delta, PA Tue Jan 25, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


I think you asked this yesterday, and several people answered. By all means NO! Get on the deed girl! If someone tells you otherwise (like husband or his family) go talk to an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 25, 2011
No. You can be added to the deed with a quit claim deed signed and recorded at your county. You cannot be put on the deed for the closing of the property but the title company or attorney, depending on how your state does closings, can record the deed after closing and subsequently record a quit claim deed adding you to the property as an owner. It's a simple form and simple process. I would speak to the settlement service or closing company on how to do this. If the home is already bought, the quit claim deed may be recorded at any time. Contact a real estate attorney or a settlement service/title company in your area.
Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 25, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer