Home Buying in Oak Cliff>Question Details

emreimer, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

is it possible to find an oak cliff home with low crime and good elementary school (or public charter) for less than $380?

Asked by emreimer, Dallas, TX Mon May 5, 2014

Answers

5
You can....prices can vary greatly due to the age and conditions of the homes. Everyone from outside the area seems to believe there is a lot of crime, but the people I know who live in the area never complain about it. Crime is everywhere, even in the neighborhoods like Highland Park where people think there is no crime. Just read Candy Evans blog where she posts about all the crime in the Park Cities. Everyone has their own opinion of crime though and what is safe or not safe. Same with schools. I challenge anyone who thinks the schools are horrible to visit the Obama Leadership Academy, the Irma Rangle Girls Leadership Academy or visit the Townview Magnet schools. You might just be impressed. Good kids can excel in these schools with parents who care.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 21, 2014
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi There!

I believe you can find something under that range! I grew up in the area!
If you are still looking for a home and is not currently working with a realtor then I'd be happy to assist you. Give me a call and we can discuss.

Susie Kay
United Real Estate
469-371-2899
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

I do not know if you are still searching since I just read your post today. My wife and I are realtors with Nathan Grace Real Estate. My name is Olivier and my wife name is Sandra. We live in Oak Cliff since now 11 years. Oak Cliff is made of many pockets and we would be very happy to show you different neighborhood.
Thank you.

Olivier Sebag
5757 W.Lovers lane
Suite #300, Dallas Texas 75219
(C)214.356.9221
Email:214.356.9221
For less then $380,000, yes a good home. Good schools, that will depend on what your idea of good schools are. Pick any 1 Realtor and have them assist you in finding what you are needing and for advice on local markets.
http://www.tcrdallas.com