Home Buying in Detroit>Question Details

henrik.karlb…, Other/Just Looking in Sweden, ME

is it possible to buy a home in Detroit, even if I'm not from the US? Just wondering since it would be nice to have a home in the united states aswell

Asked by henrik.karlberg, Sweden, ME Sun Jan 26, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


Ian Watts’ answer
Hi Henrik,

As mentioned in earlier responses, yes, you can purchase a home in Detroit as a foreign investor. For your review, I have attached a copy of my ebook that will hopefully provide the additional insight and answers needed for you to make an informed decision. Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

Ebook link: http://db.tt/WFKIvjkd

Ian Watts - Your Detroit Real Estate Investment Partner
Pierson and Company
Mobile: 313.617.6723
Toll Free: 800.374.5470
Office: 313.744.2003
Fax: 313.748.1017
Skype: piersonandcompany 
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 27, 2014
Hello Henrik,
Thank you for your question. The process is relatively simple but it still helps to have some 'on the ground assistance' to ensure that you cover all angles. At USPropertyPortfolio.com we have good experience in advising European investors so please get in touch for some good free advice.
Best regards,

Hej Henrik,
Tack för din fråga. Processen är relativt enkel men det hjälper ändå att ha lite "på marken bistånd för att se till att du täcker alla vinklar. På USPropertyPortfolio.com har vi god erfarenhet av rådgivning till europeiska investerare, så hör gärna av dig för vissa bra gratis rådgivning.
Vänliga hälsningar,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 27, 2014

Yes you can own a house in Detroit. There are some legal requirements which everyone, including US citizens must adhere to but it is real simple, with low difficulty.

If I can help you in any manner, please contact me direct at michael.goodwin50@gmail.com.

Michael E Goodwin, Broker
Gemstone Realty
Detroit, MI
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 26, 2014
Yes. It is a lot easier if you are paying cash. If you are doing financing it will probably be a little more complicated. You may need to establish a bank account in the US with the assistance of a visa. It also depends on what type of loan you are wanting to use. If you are doing cash, it's just a matter of getting in touch with an agent that assist in international home searches. Generally agents will not assist if it is not a higher end property, especially if you are not physically going to view the home. This could be problematic as some homes do not allow for purchase unless the home buyer has viewed the property and in the case of having an agent view it you may be required to file an agreement as such.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 26, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer