Seleana, Home Buyer in Lake Zurich, IL

is it necessary for an attorney to review my rent to own contract?

Asked by Seleana, Lake Zurich, IL Thu Jul 9, 2009

Answers

5
thank you so much for all of you that responded i did have an attorney review my contract and she approved it another thing is bothering me now i noticed on this website the same properties as the one im looking at have sold for 121 we offered 120 and they said 130 and my agent managed to get it down to 129 w 3000 back when closing ..is it too much to ask to bring it down a little more? all we are asking for is for the carpet to be cleaned, to replace the fridge and the patio door to be fixed .i don't even know the condition of the washer or dryer they looked fine but you never know :/ soo should i worry bout that?
Hi Seleana-

A contract is a contract! I would highly recommend you have a real estate attorney review your contract. They would be able to explain all of the terms so that you fully understand what you are signing. Always better to be safe than sorry!

It's definitely in your best interest to have an attorney review the contract . Like the other agents have mentioned, make sure you choose a reputable local attorney who focuses on real estate. Best of luck!

Laurie, Realtor/Buyer Specialist w/ The Pych Team, Your #1 Pick
RE/MAX In The Village, Oak Park IL
I would if I were you. Make sure it is an attorney who deals with Real Estate Transactions on a regular basis and who has a good reputation in the area where you are purchasing.
There are so many options on an "option to buy', I would recommend a professional give you advice. Did you set the price today? What are your choices at the end? Extensions available if you can't get a mtg., etc? Get the questions answered up front, so you don't wonder at the end.
Web Reference: http://www.Larryhines.net