Home Buying in Porterville>Question Details

st_ve_us, Both Buyer and Seller in Porterville, CA

is it legal for agents to blackball or not to sell to an individual?

Asked by st_ve_us, Porterville, CA Sat Jun 15, 2013

Answers

9
It is obvious that you need help; in some form or other.
Lets hope that it is nothing more than a little personality conflict or communication problem.
Life is much too short.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 16, 2013
Sounds like there's much more to this scenario...do you care to share more?

Agents are in real estate to list and sell homes....to take a position of not being willing to do so is difficult to imagine.

If you feel an agent has behaved unethically and/or done you wrong, probably the first place to begin is by contacting their broker and expressing your concern.
I'm a local Porterville Broker Associate and I'm part of Orange Belt. I also have tcmls membership. Call me anytime I'll give you honest answers to current market conditions.
It is unclear from your question whether you are the buyer or seller...and what the circumstances are...

Remember that agents don't sell homes...sellers do.... If you did not get a property you bid on, there could be loads of reasons for that...

Realtors can and do choose who they want to represent...I've turned down business based on whether I think I can get a client what he or she desires...

Out and out blackballing is of course illegal....I just think this would be a very hard thing to prove.

Good luck to you.
I have records of my phone calls and property address. Private homes, forclosed homes and one was owned by a church and was listed by a broker who is also the priest. I have waited for agents to show up in front of the home that is for Sale,same results no show.
as far as bidding no one wants to write an offer because most of the bank owned homes are listed by brokers...

for instance 2 homes were for sale down the street one bank owned and the other a regular sale. Made contact thru zilllow, scheduled time, but no show. End result bank owned sold 2 months after and the other sat and now is no longer for sale. I was going to make an offer on both properties

I think I can prove this as black balling, my question is why is it illegal and what laws are being broken. Does California have any laws in the book or as a business they can refuse to provide me a service like a restaurant.

thank you cindy
Flag Sun Jun 16, 2013

thank you cindy
Flag Sun Jun 16, 2013
I am hoping to hear from anyone that might be associated with orange belt !, I have been trying since 2009 and as soon as my name comes up it seems they don't want to deal with me. I am a cash buyer so no problem with financing.

I'll contact the agent from porterville below and see if this is my imagination of not being able to buy in porterville.
I am an agent and a member of Orange Belt and TCMLS. I can help if you need it. You can reach me at 559-804-1818
Flag Wed Aug 7, 2013
No it is not legal, but we need to know more facts and details.

Regards
Perry
Why don't you give us more particulars?
Your question is a little vague as to what may have occurred. There are many laws now to protect home buyers against discrimination in purchasing and obtaining financing. If you have reason to believe that you were discriminated against, there are ways to issue complaints. I am sure though that whatever happened is a rare event as most real estate agents want to work with buyers, and I'm sure there are many out there that would be glad to hear from you like the agent below from Porterville!
That is illegal. Call me if you need an good, honest and ethical agent.