holyphoton777, Renter in Seattle, WA

is it hard for a army veteran to use his us army home loan here in Washington state?

Asked by holyphoton777, Seattle, WA Sat Apr 28, 2012

Answers

16
Mcneals2007, I don't think any agent will ever say the loan officer doesn't matter. There are a lot of incompetent loan officers out there. One of my standard questions when I get an offer in on a listing is to ask the agent what the connection is with the loan officer. My strong preference is that it's someone who that agent has worked with in the past. If there are multiple offers, that factor can win out over a slightly higher price.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 30, 2012
Your VA benefits will allow you to buy a home anywhere in the U.S. The benefits are the same in Seattle, New York, or Iowa ---except the loan limits may vary from city to city. The loan process is universal, including the interest rate and the fees you pay. You have choices, too, including a low minimum down payment or zero down payment. Of course, you'll have to go through the typical loan qualification process. Just contact any mortgage broker, or the bank where you do business. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
The only difficulty you will have is if you are not willing to do an earnest money deposit to secure your interests in the property. Because VA loans are not required to have any down payment Sellers may be reluctant to accept your offer unless you have some "skin in the game". Additionally, you may have difficulty in multiple offer situations, but there are solutions to that issue. If you want to talk more about VA loans and the Seattle market give me a call. 425.268.2627
No there should be no issue with getting a VA loan here in Washington I would be happy to help you in any way that I can, there is no obligation so if you want to look at options I am available to you.
Although getting a vet loan in Washington is pretty easy, one must always remember the loan limits are different for the different areas in Washington. This is the maximum loanable amount that a veteran or borrower can get from a vet loan. Most of the counties in Washington have remained around $400,000. Others like in Snohomish, Pierce, and King has already increased their limit up to $500,000. For more info, check out the blog post at http://goo.gl/Ysd7Tb
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
The VA guarantees a portion of the loan to help the veterans who might be struggling in getting a financing. This is why getting a loan for any veteran can be quite easy. For more info, check out the blog post at http://goo.gl/Ysd7Tb
Not hard, however you will want an agent and mortgage broker who are very familiar with the VA process. VA loans require some special attention all the way from writing an offer that is appealing to a seller through closing. With the many requirements and strict appraisals, you are going to want to be working with a broker who knows what to look for in finding a home that the VA will actually insure. My client is closing on his new home in a week and don't let anyone tell you that it is a seamless loan process or simple to get an appraisal through.

Know upfront you will likely need 45 days or more to close and make sure your broker knows what makes a home uninsurable by the VA before falling in love with a home that you will not be able to purchase with your VA guarantee. If you have any questions, I'm always a call away.
Very easy, just need an experienced agent, and lender. i just closed a VA a month or so ago - went great.
@ Mcneals2007,
Sorry but that's just not true. Here's an example. I have client that's about to close on the purchase of a new home with a VA mortgage less than 1 year out of a short sale. The buyer tried to get approved by a couple of other lenders and they were denied because the other lenders have their own, more restrictive guidelines, on top of the standard VA guidelines.
nope anyone who is familiar with VA loans can help you. A VA loan is same no matter who you choose for the lender. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
I just wanted to say thank you for your service.
Mary
As both a loan officer & a real estate broker, I can help you with all of it. I work with Veterans on finding them a house & also getting them a VA loan every year for the past 15 years. Feel free to give me a cal & I can get you started. 206-841-9976

Take care, Jirius Isaac
Have worked with several clients and and as long as you have your honorable discharge paperwork you are good to go.
No, it's very easy. But you do need a loan officer who understands VA. We've had some clients use the wrong loan officer and then had to direct them to one of our favorites to get the deal closed.

There's nothing really hard about it, but the loan officer does need to have some experience with them.
Its real easy if you have the right lender. I can have a lender give you a call if you'd like. There's one in particular who's incredibly knowledgeable and zero-pressure. He'll ask you a few simple questions and then tell you exactly how much you qualify for, and what you'd be looking at in terms of monthly payments. Please contact me if that would interest you and I'll get his information right over to you.
Not at all. As long as you have your DD214 and you meet the normal qualifying requirements you are fine. It is no more difficult that any other type of loan. Just be certain that you choose a lender who is certified by the VA to handle VA loans.

I would be happy to send you a list of lenders that I know to be excellent at handling VA loans.

Marcy Spieker
RE/MAX Metro Realty
marcy@spiekerhomes.com