michelleshar…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

is it bad if an apartment building is being built right in front of the house?

Asked by michellesharma69, Houston, TX Tue Nov 12, 2013

Answers

10
Short answer is yes. Especially if it's visible from the backyard or main windows in the home.
very bad over time apartments in Houston get run down over time
The general answer is yes. However in order to be effective we need to have more information. Is the new apartment project looking down into your windows and yard? Is it a high dollar upscale property? Is it a Conod property? Are you looking to buy this home or sell it? Where in 78745 is this home, there are some areas that are more desirable than others. Will this apartment complex impact your quality of like? ie. Are they putting their trash dumpsters in your sightline? Will you have to listen to a lot of rambunctous people partying around the pool until all hours? There are just too many variables to be able to effectively answer your question accurately without more information.
Hi Michelle,

I do quite a bit of work in 78745, and the new construction of the apartment complex is most likely perceived as a negative. Having said that, if the lot is positioned where the complex activity, noise, etc. is hardly noticed, you may be able to get a nice deal on a place you can call home.

Please feel free to contact me anytime for a no obligation consultation with regard to your home search in 78745. In addition, please feel free to visit my website where there is a quick link on the home page for all available homes in this zip.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
I think it's all subjective and depends a lot on the specific situation. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice on a situation when I don't have all the facts such as what type of apartment building and what is meant by "bad".

If you need someone to work through some of this stuff, I am available. I can get you more information regarding this specific property or other homes that may fit your criteria.

-Elvis
512-651-5759
Yes. Less desirable. Hence, builders put premium prices on lots that are away from apartments.
Hello Michelle,

It depends what exactly is being built. If it's an apartment with new retail shopping, a bar/restaurant and a cafe, that's probably a good improvement.

A generic complex may reduce the desirability of your property.

If you think you are interested in selling your house, please let me know. I have a 100% success rate with my sales listings, and I'd love to help you out if you'd like.

Web Reference: http://www.AranaCapital.com
Generally the answer that question is yes. Not only could it be an eyesore, but there will be quite a bit of activity in & out, noise, dumpsters, etc. related to the apartment building. Also, if they have any kind of balconies or windows they can look down on many of the surrounding homes thus compromising the privacy and security of the neighborhood.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
It could honestly go either way. It depends on the type if community that is going in.