Home Buying in Ecorse>Question Details

Sharia, Home Buyer in Belleville, IL

is it an inside market i swear every house i try to get its not available and this one house i been lookin to get for 6mths its inder contract?

Asked by Sharia, Belleville, IL Thu May 5, 2011

Answers

5
Though the "experts" keep telling us that there are too many homes for sale out there, it seems that some areas, including Boulder where I work, are seeing a shortage of inventory. We are especially having trouble finding homes in really good shape for entry-level buyers. It seems like people who listed their homes during the last couple years are simply tired of trying to sell and there are few bank-owned properties left.

Ron
Sharia, there just are not enough homes on the market these days. I have seen multiple offers on many homes. One I called on yesterday had 14 offers on it. It is amazing, almost a sellers market. You have to be prepared to be the highest and best. Closed on one Monday and it was more then asking, there were two other offers waiting in the wings. You'll find the right one soon.

Sharia,

If you are focusing your attention of foreclosures and/or homes that represent excellent opportunity and value, it's understandable that the market will be competitive. Today's buyers are intelligent and informed resulting is property going to those who have the best understanding of the current local market.

It is not an "inside market" but one that does benefit those that are informed and ready to act on the right opportunity.
It's not so much an inside market as it's the slow down in foreclosures coming on the market. You need to be working with a buyers agent who can update you daily on new listings that come on the market. They're going fast and selling above asking price if they're decent homes. If you try and use one on these sites they are behind schedule in reporting properties pending and under contract. They are even behind on new listings coming on the market.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
It does seem that way sometimes for sure, but I've very rarely run into where it actually was....if you're trying to get a bank home, they go so fast, and sometimes before signs are even in the yard.

I know it's frustrating but keep the faith.