Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Flowers, Home Buyer in 32259

is it a good time to buy in durbin crossing becasue they are in default of their CDD fees?

Asked by Flowers, 32259 Sun Oct 18, 2009

Answers

5
Durbin Crossing is progressing at a good pace and home buyers are now finding the amenities and neighborhoods attractive and very reasonably priced. There are several builders in the community and a broad range of home sizes and values to fit many buyers needs. I showed several homes the past 2 weeks to a couple relocating down here from Wisconsin. I was very impressed with DS Ware homes and their current special of $20k (special just started and told it will end Jan 31st 2010) in free options on homes already nicely appointed with numerous upgrades including granite and tile to just name a few. Their homes have nice architectural details, great energy efficient and quality construction included. My client's are able to build their dream home in a great price range ($220s-230s) in a community with great amenities.

There are other great builders in Durbin including: Providence, Richmond American, Mattamy, Ryland, Mercedes, Beazer, and Toll Brothers. I am very familiar with the homes, price ranges and options or specials each builder offers and can help you navigate all your options.

Dawn Spencer, Realtor
Magnolia Properties
904.608.0016
DawnSpencer.Jax@gmail.com
Just to update my fellow Realtors and anyone else interested in the Durbin Crossing area. All of the accusations concerning Durbin Crossing LLC being in default of their CDD fees were falsely reported by Forbes Magazine and Folio Weekly. It was also falsely stated that both Durbin Crossing and neighboring Aberdeen were in foreclosure. As stated in a letter I received from Patrick Sessions, President of Durbin Crossing, LLC, "the Durbin Crossing CDD is in a strong financial position and is not, and never has been, in any stage of foreclosure.

Since its inception, Durbin Crossing has remained one of the top 3 single family projects in the Jacksonville market. Right now, they are the ranked #2 in this market.

Hopefully this will set the record straight...

Mike King, Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
mikeking@watsonrealtycorp.com
904-327-2765
I actually would not mind knowing where you received your information. If you wouldn't mind contacting me, I'd appreciate it. Inquiring minds want to know.

Mike King
Watson Realty Corp
mikeking@watsonrealtycorp.com
Hi Flowers,

There are so many great deals out there right now that I'd turn the other way from a development with HOA problems & not look back. Dozens of wonderful neighborhoods with no such problems are just waiting for you.

Good luck in your search!

Lynn
Web Reference: http://www.LynnSellsJax.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 18, 2009

If the HOA or the developer is in trouble with fees, not gonna be a good bet for a buyer. What happens if the HOA or involved builder can't meet the various bills...fold? pass on to homeowners?

Look elsewhere to be safe. My opinion.

Katheriner