Harony Silve…, Home Buyer in Keasbey, NJ

is it a good time to buy a house at this time?

Asked by Harony Silverio, Keasbey, NJ Wed Apr 29, 2009

Answers

4
- Sal Salafia -’s answer
Absolutely! Interest rates are still very low! Many of the sellers still on the market are eager to sell having suffered through a very bad economy. If you think you are qualified to buy and you have an interest in buying then go for it! I would suggest selecting a buyers agent to help you through the process. They can help you through the entire process! If you would like a recommendation in you area don't hesitate to ask!
For more real estate advice visit: http://www.rochesterhomelocator.com
-Sal Salafia
RE/MAX Plus
585-279-8217
sal@salafiasoldteam.com
http://www.findrochester.com
http://www.Rochesterhomelocator.com
Harony,

Oh, the $64M question! In addition to what has already been provided, all I will say is that no one has a crystal ball. Think about the past year or so when the so called "experts" were wondering if (1) are wein a recession or (2) entering into a recession. The majority said oops, we've been in a recession.

In my view, the same applies to real estate we are only going to know when the "best time" to buy was when it has past and the market starts to increase. I can't begin to tell you how many sellers have said "oh, I should had sold when . . . " and I predict that we will soon hear, "I should have bought when . . . ."

Let your personal circumstances guide you as in the long term Real Estate has proven to be a solid investment over time.

Love and Peace,
Francesca, Realtor, ePro
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Hi Harony
It's a good time to buy a house......... if you WANT to buy, and are lucky enought to be ABLE to buy. If you want a place to live in, own, and call your own, then go ahead and buy. But....buy for the long term.
Don't buy for the short term, or if you are looking to make a quick profit - that's certainly not going to happen.

Years ago people bought homes on an emotional level as places to live in, create memories in and raise families in - they didn't buy a home thinking of it as a business transaction for the short term. Having write-offs for property taxes and mortgage interest made it even more appealing than renting. So.... people bought homes.
During the boom, thinking became skewed........ home buying became a quick way to get rich for some - often greed took over - it held a promise for quick profits and lifetime financial security. That thinking was really skewed, and unfortunate.

In my opinion, we should be back to the "good old days" way of thinking. Buy a home - live there 10-15 years -if so, you won't care whether you bought now, 3 months from now or 1 year from now.

So.........If you're asking if it is a "wise investment" to buy now...............rather than wait? Check with me in 6 months or a year, and I will be able to answer that for you with certainty, as no one can "time" the market or predict the ffuture.
Best wishes to you whatever you do!
Debbie
Loaded question :) Truly, if you can afford it, then yes. Rates are about 4.5 right now, prices are falling (still). Will they still fall significantly to make some point in the future a BETTER time to buy? Maybe. Not only does it depend on what happens in our country and in the world, real estate is local. Whatever is happening in your local real estate market will better gauge if this is the best time to buy a house. But, whether it is the BEST or not, it is a good time if you have the income, assets, and job stability. Good luck!