Home Buying in Long Beach>Question Details

paulroegge, Home Buyer in Long Beach, CA

is downtown long beach a safe place to live? I would like to be near the marina and I found a couple of buildings with great views and not bad prices

Asked by paulroegge, Long Beach, CA Fri Nov 23, 2012

Answers

8
Danny Tran’s answer
HI Paul

If you interesting for purchasing? I will over reach to make your dream come truth.

Please contact me 24/24, it is take effect to get to goal that you are looking for.

IRN REALTY
1298 W. 7th St
upland, Ca 91786
909-581-6983 Fax
909-581-6988 Ph
818-317-4698 Cell
Tranpomona@yahoo.com
Hello Paul
I live in Downtown Long Beach and I feel my family is safe.

Alex Hunt
REALTOR (R) ,SFR
ZipRealty, Inc.
Licensed in CA, #01062769
alehunt@ziprealty.com
Toll Free: 1.800 CALL ZIP x3289
Cell: 562.714.8050
Fax: 866.456.7405
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
Hi Paul,

I live in Downtown Long Beach - I have for nearly 15 years. I reside in a historic highrise and every morning I walk two small dogs around the neighborhood. I say hello to most everyone and I do not feel unsafe. I am considered a specialist in this area becasue I live and sell here. That being said Long Beach is a large city it has nearly 460,000 population and is 50 square miles. It is also an older city (over 100 years old) and being established for so long it is densely populated. You can be walking in what is considered a great area and turn a corner and there you are in a less desirable pocket. Downtown is like that maybe more than say Belmont Shore - but it can be dangerous anywhere USA.
if you knew the history of the gentrification and progress of Downtown you would be amazed. There used to be a lot a bars along Ocean Blvd that opened at 6am and where the Weston Hotel is located used to be a Pussycat Theater. There has been an abundance of money and development poured into Downtown and there will continue to be in the future so its only getting better every day. I believe it to be such a great Urban experience that offers so much in the way of lifestyle all within walking distance. I had coffee at the Marina this morning siting outside near the docked boats .... yes with my two little dogs in tow. I walked to an Art Opening last night to the East Village Arts District with friends and stopped by a local Restaurant and had appetizers and saw other neighbors there enjoying their evening.

This is one of the very few places in SoCal that someone can buy into a building either directly on the sand or with a view and not be in the stratosphere where pricing is concerned. Most communities don't have highrise property along the water in SoCal period. I have named this area "The Ocean Boulevard Corridor" - it is the area along the coast where there are highrises and low rises that are on or adjacent to Ocean Blvd.

I hope this helps you. Please feel free to contact me directly I have a vast knowledge of all the buildings along "The Ocean Blvd Corridor" 562-715-3905
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
Paul:

Long Beach is a great city to live in. I know, having lived here 18 years. If you would like information about a specific building, take a look at HiRises.com/city/long-beach .

Others have given you a place to get crime statistics. I always recommend, if you are thinking about buying in any area, take the time go there (on different days, at different times) and see how the area feels to you. One person's paradise is another person's hell. Only you can tell if you like the vibe of an area.

Good luck in your search for a new home. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I love Long Beach and would not live anywhere else!

Shel-lee Davis
Lic #01817412
RE/MAX Estate Properties
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com
Hello Paul, try http://www.crimemapping.com and put in an address and enter for crime statistics.

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
If you are looking at buildings with views, then chances are they are located in the better area of downtown Long Beach. Long Beach, like most major cities, has neighborhoods that change quickly within a few block radius. Most of the condo complexes in the downtown area are secure buildings with codes or special keys needed to get inside the building and with gated parking. If you would like to tell me specifically what buildings you are looking at, I can give you a more accurate answer. Of course, the answers the other agents have provided are a given, you would want to do that with any property you are considering. Thank you and good luck!

Nancy Cardena
Main Street Realtors
562-221-8374
Your best bet would be to contact the Long Beach PD to answer your question.
You can also peruse the area and ask neighbors what they they think of the area.
Please feel free to contact me with any other questions.
Have a great night.
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor/Coldwell Banker
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
If you view this site you can see the crime report. You can also use the community info tab to compare zip codes of an area you know and the Marina zip code (90803).