Dhowell239, Home Buyer in Rio Linda, CA

is crime an issue in old north sacramento?

Asked by Dhowell239, Rio Linda, CA Sat Feb 22, 2014

71 yr old considering buying a house in old north sacramento. im concerned about the crime rate.

Answers

5
Hi, I recommend checking out https://www.crimereports.com for a comprehensive list of reported crimes in the areas that you are thinking about moving to. If you're not familiar with the area then drive the neighborhood, if possible, or work with a local Realtor. Before I bought my house I knocked on neighbor's doors asking them how long they have lived there and if they have any issues with the neighborhood. Neighbors will usually be very candid. I hope that helps! Call me anytime. I've lived here for about 30 years. Thanks, Jason Walter, REALTORĀ® (lic #01923240), Certified Public Accountant (lic #103885); ph (916) 945-9243
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 24, 2014
Crime is an issue anywhere in Sacramento, especially for a person living alone. You might want to look at the sacpd.org website for more information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 22, 2014
I live in Old Sacramento and have been for the past four years. I live off Del Paso in the area called the "Triangle." There is crime. There is purse snatching, random shootings (gang rivalry), prostitution, drug use and drug dealers. According to records crime is not that bad, but it is enough to keep you from walking down the street when night approaches. Most of Del Paso is locked up tighter than a drum so you pretty much feel alone when coming or going from Light Rail. I have not been shot, raped or made a victim of a violent crime, but on a happiness scale the area definitely affects ones mood over a period of time. It doesn't look bad, and there is a senior complex by me, but people have been mugged upon leaving.

If the 71 yr. old is you, just be cautious and use your street smarts. Basically, crime occurs in all parts of Sacramento so no where is really safe. I've lived in Curtis Park, was robbed and had snotty neighbors as well; so its pretty much pick your poison when it comes to purchasing real estate in Sacramento. Frankly, Folsom is nice!
Don't even think about. I had a rental property there once and it was terrible trying to get tenants. With Loaves & Fishes, the homeless, shootings on or near Del Paso Blvd, it is a complete waste of time. Sacramento as a whole is a high crime city.
Go to crimereports.com They have alot of good info. Email me if you need anything further.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com