Home Buying in Port Richmond>Question Details

Sarah, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

is a 728 square foot home worth $85,000 with two beds,1 bath, and no dining room in port richmond?

Asked by Sarah, Philadelphia, PA Thu May 15, 2008

Answers

2
We just moved to Port Richmond last summer, and we bought a house with almost that exact description (it's 1.5 baths b/c of the powder room on the 1st floor and a tiny bit more square footage b/c of a slight addition on the 2nd floor) and we paid upwards of 130,000. We are also on the east side of aramingo- actually closer to richmond than aramingo. The house itself was in move-in condition, as it had been completely redone the year before.

Hope that helps- good luck!
It does depend on what part of PR. I just bought a house there myself after doing alot of research and visiting homes. The price sometimes change drastically once you cross over east of aramingo ave where i gets a bit more expensive compared to east of there. Ive noticed for that price, and you are looking more east of aramingo it might be an average price for an average home, especially for the size, but it might also need some tlc. Now for the west side it would have probably been a rehab or a house w/ upgrades, since that price is hitting high scale especially for its size. Of course these are just from my own research from last year. Since the market is changing things might be diffrent. The best thing to do is to go and look at diffrent homes around that neighborhood and start comparing. That is the best way to know.