Home Buying in Bryn Mawr>Question Details

Barbara Davis, Home Buyer in Moorestown, NJ

is a condo in the radnor house a good investment? are the laundry facilities clean and modern?

Asked by Barbara Davis, Moorestown, NJ Sun May 20, 2012

Answers

5
Hi Barbara,

I know this has been quite some time since your original inquiry, but as a former law student (and one of Radnor's target demographics) I would say no, from a renter's perspective, it's not a good investment.

This place has so much potential but current management has ruined the living experience. They are rude, uninformed, and completely unwilling to address tenant concerns. Moreover, as a previous commenter stated, you will be continually looking for new renters because most of your tenants will live here for a short time (especially if they're grad students) before moving on to more amenable apartments/condos.
As a person who chose to rent here to see if it would be worthwhile to buy a unit, I would agree that Radnor House is not all that it should be.

All of the halls smell odd due to old carpeting, there are constant plumbing interruptions, unsafe parking facilities (my car has been damaged in this lot!), mold in the washing machines & a quite few unpleasant residence.

The greatest complaint I have, would be the paper thin walls!!! I can hear my neighbor talking on the phone and noises that management told me is coming from 2 floors above! The "home owner's association" (management office) are quite unpleasant about everything and almost openly hostile towards renters.

So I would say buyer beware... You will be constantly looking for new tenants as the building management will drive them away.. You'll spend money upgrading your unit, but the building does nothing, so you cannot ever describe your unit as "luxury" on the main line..

I only live here for the school district and won't be buying my unit from my landlord after my renter's experience
I think for the money it is a good investment. However, as far as resale goes, most consumers would prefer a bit more space, no condo fees and laundry in teh units. If you were thinking of holding onto it for 5 plus year if not more as your own home or as a rental then it makes sense. It is also right across from our office and the building does a great job at keeping it looking great with updated landscaping and flowers. It is also a very short walk to the train. Please let me know if you have any other questions
i live here. laundry room is pretty clean... machines are often broken due to overuse... bldg. has bug problems, and many, many plumbing issues!... as in constant interruptions because of maint. Trust me...i would not buy here if i were you. If I could do it over, I would not have bought here.
Great investment. I had couple of clients buying and after they "grew-out" of the unit they decided to keep it as a rental investment. They're always in demand, especially based on location - very close proximity to the train and shops. They truly offer easy commute to the city.
Laundry units were very clean and quite modern. They are definitely worth seeing.
I hope that helps