Home Buying in La Mesa>Question Details

beautiful1824, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

is 8204 San Carlos Drive San Diego, CA 92119 too far of a drive from 3915 Sacramento Drive, La Mesa CA 91941?

Asked by beautiful1824, San Diego, CA Fri Jul 27, 2012

i just wanted to know if i would be driving too far back and forth everyday

Answers

5
Just did a Google Earth and it's 6.4 miles and about 11 minutes in normal traffic. Sounds pretty ideal to me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
What is your deifinition of "too far"? According to Mapquest, it is 6.43 miles and 10 minutes away. Hope that helps
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
Too far is for you to judge, its almost 6 1/2 miles and an 11 minute drive.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 27, 2012
Average commute in San Diego is approx. 30 minutes, so anything less is a good deal. Take into consideration the number of traffic lights and stop signs and the amount of normal traffic in the area because that will really slow you down.
It's usually best to skirt around the average commute times in order to avoid delays but sometimes you just have to wait it out.
It's smart that you are taking drive time into consideration because the cost of gas is only going up.
Janet McCarthy
Connect Realty
jmccarthyhomes@gmail.com
858-243-5719
This post may be too late since you asked the question July 27th but I felt compelled to respond since all the answers were from people who don't live in the area. I think 6 miles and 11 minutes is "as the crow flies". I live in 91941 and I live closer to your San Carlos destination than you. Because you're in the southwest section of 91941, unless you go through town north up College, your route is via 94 to 125 around the "mountains" to the Mission Gorge side of San Carlos. It's more likely to be at least 20 minutes unless the 125 is jammed. Still not a bad commute.