Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

RG, Home Owner in Santa Clara County, CA

investment property around San Jose

Asked by RG, Santa Clara County, CA Tue Apr 9, 2013

I am thinking of buying a second home as investment in or around San Jose. I guess the prices have already gone up a lot. But are there any areas that have had little price rise? I am hoping that they will go up in the long term. Please advise me about such areas? I am open to areas in and around Bay Area.
Thanks so much
-RG

Answers

4
TerriVellios.Com’s answer
It looks like you have narrowed it down to a second home, dare I assume you are thinking of a single family home? As for an investment that is an open ended answer depending on what you are expecting to gain.

Your gain will be determined on several factors. Those who purchased in 2010 have equity gain. Cash flow is another story.

Also, do you live locally or are you from out of the area? Will you be paying a property manager?

So many questions, I know.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
The areas of Alum rock, Evergreen, Berryassa Milpitas,Cambrian, Campbell,Willow Glen,Blossom Valley are all good areas to look for a single family investment.The higher value areas of Cupertino, Santa Clara,Los Gatos, Saratoga, are prime rental areas. We manage about 400 unit s in Santa Clara County so we have a good idea on where rents are going.
Richard G.Matusich Realtor DRE#00358728
1-408-371-0700
Hi RG, if you have Cash I can help you.
Please call me for details about the best
investments in Santa Clara County

AMICI REAL ESTATE
Bradley Wilson
408-228-7867
Hi RG,

As an active investor myself I have learned that it is very tough in the Bay Area to find a great investment property that produce a great return without being speculative.

There are some great areas outside the Bay that are now realizing the shift in the market yet prices are still relatively low. These are the best areas for cash flow and buy and hold scenarios right now. If you are looking to flip on a short term basis that is a different ball game.

I would rather not suggest an area until I know your game plan, budget and exit strategy.

I'm open to talking with you in person/email if you would like to talk about strategy and best practice.

James Peterson
Broker/Associate
cell: 4o8-836-9653
james@wbreal.com