Here's my 5 cents worth - there are good, bad and ugly contractors. You don't have to go-it-alone; if you would like, we have lists of "qualified service providers" - these are lawyers, accountants, painters, carpenters, etc. - soup to nuts on nearly everything a homeowner might need. Most of the names on these lists have performed work for one of our agents or agent clients - so they are pre-qualified. If you would like a copy of our service provider list, simply let me know. Hope this helps - cheers.
Stephan von Jena
William Pitt/Sothebyâ€™s International Realty
1057 Post Road
Darien, CT 06820
(w) 203-655-8234, ext# 303
Proudly servicing the Darien, Rowayton and New Canaan markets.
"Artfully uniting extraordinary homes with extraordinary lives!"
1. Set your budget, how much money do you want to spend ?
2. What is your wish list, Wolf stove, fire place, deck, etc.
3. Set your projects, break them up into separate projects, bathroom, bedroom, cabinet wall unit.
4. Prioritize them, what is most needed by you and your family
5. Talk to friends, neighbors, realtors and get recommendations for local trades people.
6. Once settled get 3 estimates and go with the company you feel most comfortable with, who seems knowledgeable and reasonable price.
Good luck ~ Dave
"Your Beacon to Fairfield County Lifestyles"
Candace Lipira, Realtor
Keller Williams Platinum Properties