pattymatt2003, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

interest rate on buyer loan not to over 4.5%

Asked by pattymatt2003, Los Angeles, CA Wed Mar 20, 2013

I saw a counter offer that seller ask the interest rate of buyer's loan not to be over 4.5%. I am wondering why the seller care the interest rate of the potential buyer's loan. Thanks for the advice.

Answers

9
That is just boiler plate filler on the purchase contract. It's mostly meaningless.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 20, 2013
Not normal. Best next action is to ask a local Mortgage Broker by clicking "Find a Pro" in the main menu at the top of this website. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
rates are entirely up to the bank and your credit, my credit was pretty low while I did get approved up to 600k, my rate was horrible 4.5%! I would consider checking your credit and getting in touch with a company to help you. My advice, go to http://www.thelendersnetwork.com speak to someone that knows their stuff and if you need to get your scores up they can do it, they also got me a pre approval while they had someone get my scores up over a 640...
Dear Patty,
The seller are always concerned about the buyer's loans. They want to make sure the buyer can complete the sale even if the interest rates increase before the loan is locked in. The interest rate section is part of the contract (pre printed) on the form.4.5% is high compared to what current rates are.(3.5 or lower)
The terms of the loan may not have been filled out at all on the purchase contract, and as a listing agent I always make sure that the terms are there and within reason, or else the buyer can back out for any reason. If the terms were left blank, I will always counter with a rate bumped up a half to a full percentage point above prevailing rates that day. It may seem like a minor thing, but if nothing is put in the rates, then it's basically a crap shoot for both the buyer and the seller. Hope that might shed some light for you.
The seeler is looking out for the buyer and may also have an alternate relationship with other lender that they may want you to also explore.

BUYING A HOME (The process start with the Banker not the Realtor)

Start the process right 1st by talking to a Licensed Mortgage Professional to determine who much home you can afford and whether you are credit wordy and is there an ability to repay the loan.

The Mortgage Professional will give you a conditional approval letter to take to the realtor.

Once the realtor has found your home you should get it inspected to determine if it’s structurally safe (have the realtor recommend one locally) and be sure to ask your realtor to negotiate a home warranty paid by the seller.

Now is the time to determine and negotiate you rate and terms with the Loan Officer who is responsible to order an appraisal that you will be responsible to pay for prior to the arrival of the appraiser.

You’re Mortgage Professional / Loan Officer will be responsible to guide you the rest of the process and should not take more than 30 days.

Wherever you're located in this nation, you can trust you're working with a reputable mortgage banker - not a fly-by-night operation. Here's why.

Bank of England is partners with every major investor on Wall Street; allowing us to provide the best rates and terms on all mortgages.

We are approved by the Better Business Bureau and Bank of England /ENG Lending is the only mortgage bank among its competitors that is owned by a FDIC insured bank and did not need government bailout to remain solvent.

Bank of England loan officers don't simply facilitate the loan process; they act as "financial advisors," helping clients assess their finances on a larger scale. Whether you're self-employed and need a low-doc mortgage loan, or you're searching for the best rates on a jumbo home loan, your loan officer is here to find your perfect solution.

Get the facts about home mortgages from the experts at ENG Lending. Learn about different types of home mortgage loans and what to expect during the mortgage application process. Plus, find information about the current mortgage market and which mortgage myths you should never believe.
Let ENG's experienced Mortgage Bankers help you find a solution for your financial needs. Call or Email me to get a FREE copy of the top 25 question you must asked your loan officer before you do business with them. Benefit from my 21 years of experience answering the most common mortgage questions.

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
4.5% is actually a higher rate right now... so the seller wants to be sure that the buyer will have to perform even if his interest rate is that high.... AHHHH tricky!

Ron
This provision gives seller assurance that the buyer will not cancel transaction based on the fact that buyer was not able to secure purchase loan at at low interest.

____________________ 
Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
_______________________________ 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com  http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 

The buyer might have had a lower interest rate placed in the offer and the seller raised it to better the chances of closing in the seller's favor