Schabot, Home Buyer in Upper East Side, New...

in 99,000 on e 63 a good price?

Asked by Schabot, Upper East Side, New York, NY Mon Apr 16, 2012

Answers

9
Ross Ellis’ answer
This has to be 301 E 63rd St. Yes that's a very good price but - what is the maintenance? I've sold in this building. This was a land lease building where the board bought the lease, yet the maintenance is very high in most of the apartments -- but not all of them!

It's a great building with excellent financials. I would just take a look at the current maintenance.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Ross Ellis
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Member of Real Estate Board of New York
Halstead Property
212.317.7828 direct
770 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10065
rellis@halstead.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
If this is legitamate, it sounds like 301 E 63rd. This building use to be a landlease. It is no longer but now the maintenance is very high. The city avg is around $1.80. 301 E 63rs is around $4.

Please give us more information and we can help.

Feel free to email or call me.

Arthur "Ungie" Golden | Licensed Real Estate Associate | REBNY Member
Prudential Douglas Elliman | 1995 Broadway, 4th Fl | New York, NY 10023
C: 212.866.8717 | P: 212.712.6078 | F: 646.497.5476 | E: agolden@elliman.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
301 e 63 is a coop with very low priced apt as low as $185 per sf and a monthly of $4000 for one bed room.
Studio can cost $100K with $2000 monthly .
It's a great price if it is ligitimate. do your due diligince and be sure that there is no catch.
Schabot,
The price seems unbelievably low to me and sounds like a scam. You need to work with a realtor. A realtor can show you what has sold in the building and for how much. They will go through the pros and cons of every unit.
I am not from that area, but I have many friends who are and I would double check that listing to make sure you are not being taken for a ride.
If you're a buyer, if I were you I would speak with a lawyer about the risks and benefits of purchasing into this building.

That's in addition to the possibility it is a scam situation, because such a price is suspiciously low for a studio in Manhattan.

There are a lot of scams on Craig's List. Your best approach is to work with a real estate agent who will look out for your best interests.

Karla Harby
Licensed RE Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
New York NY
212-688-1000x146
kharby@crrnyc.com
Without much information, keep in mind scams do exist--proceed with caution; in order to determine a fair offer, review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and go from there.
Hello Schabot,

At that price i think it is a foreclosure, or it might be also a scam.

Be careful.

Warmest Regards,

Raoul Sodogandji
International Market Specialist
Director of Sales and Rentals at the RS Group
Licensed Salesperson

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333
(e): raouls@nestseekers.com

"In the past, our growth has been by referral of current clients. We've never really done much marketing." Please refer us to your friends and family.