Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

mala, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

in buying a property in orlando would seller do sell only with his/her lawyer and buyer./he /she have to go through real estate.options. thanks for y

Asked by mala, Orlando, FL Wed Apr 3, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/42731924-14017-Newcomb-Ave-Or…

Help the community by answering this question:


Alan Martin’s answer
it is not usual to use an attorney to help with a purchase or a sale in Florida. Most sale are handled by Real Estae Brokers. I am a broker and you are welcome to ask me for help

407 832 4888 or alan@frontlinefloridarealty.com

check out my profile and recommendations on Trulia
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
If I am reading this question correctly, you want to know if you have to use a real estate agent to market and sell your home or can you sell it direct? My answer to that questions is: you can select either method for selling your home. Of course, it is your home. The easiest and most secure way to sell your home is to entrust it to a professional real estate agent. If you are worried about commission, there are many agents who will work out a deal with you to make the commission more palitable if they are profiting from the sale of your home as well as your purchase of a new home. Take time to interview a few realtors to see what your options are. You will be plesantly surprised.

Here are a few reasons to use a Realtor to sell your home.

Good Reasons To Use A REALTOR When Selling Your Home: is you get the use of the Professional Evaluation, pricing,marketing, prequalifing buyers, negotiating the sale price and closing. Aside from all of this a professional realtor will take all of the stress out of the selling process.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 4, 2013
It looks like the basics have been covered. An attorney is not required. Realtors in the area use standard contracts. If the seller has their own contract it is HIGHLY advised to hire an attorney. I have multiple attorneys that I work with that will review documents for as little as $200. If standard forms are used and you understand lawyer jargon then you might opt out of using one to lower your costs.
I excel at getting my customers lower costs on just about all aspects of the real estate transaction. I do this without losing any quality of work. I also have a special concierge service for my customers. If you have further qustions let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
Hi Mala:

A lot of my clients, specially coming from up North like NY and NJ ask e this question as I understand it is standard over there to get an attorney. Here we have 1 escrow company who does not work for the seller or the buyer or the realtors. It is an independent company that has an in-house attorney that would usually review the title (they will insure the title so they want to make sure it is free of liens,..).

The buyers usually have their own Realtor to do negotiations and the sellers have their own Realtor.

I myself have bought and sold several homes for myself and for my own piece of mind I had my attorney review the closing documents for me but that was my personal choice. Below is the link to similar homes in Orlando:


Hope this helps.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
If the seller is using an attorney, perhaps you should get one to look over your documents before signing them. Or you can ask seller to use standard Far-Bar Contract forms and then any title company will be sufficient for the closing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013

The majority of homes sold in the Orlando area are done through a Realtor and closed at a Title Company.

If my wife who is also a Realtor and I can help please call us at the number below.

Hope this helps,

Dave Lowe, real estate broker

I offer home buyer rebates to help with you closing cost.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
The transaction is normally done through the title company and real estate agents. Usually no attorney's, although you can retain one if you prefer.


Danny Barto
Galleon Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer