Home Buying in 90210>Question Details

Dan0811, Home Buyer in Melbourne Drive, Nas...

im not a us citizen but am looking to purchase property in new york...can you please tell me about purchasing property in the us. what are the extra?

Asked by Dan0811, Melbourne Drive, Nashville, TN Mon Nov 9, 2009

costs eg taxes, legals etc...also what is the story with getting a loan in the us. if i put say 50-60% down is it possible to get a loan for the balance...please let me know

Help the community by answering this question:


Sandi Margolis’ answer
Hello Dan,

You will need to contact an experienced Real Estate Agent or a real estate attorney in NYC.
This person will be able to guide you through the real estate process and transaction including
helping to secure additional financing. If you need referrals, I have many seasoned agents that
I have done business with who could help you.

If you need my assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Sandi Margolis
Keller Williams Realty,
Beverly Hills, Ca. 90210
011-1- 310 213-6788
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 26, 2009
You''ll need proof of your downpament in US dollars likely. When you purchase, there are closing costs and then ongoing property taxes. You should first speak with a lender to verify you are eligable for a loan and what the terems are and once approved can find a property. It's a fantastic time to buy Real Estate in the U.S.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 10, 2009
Get in touch with a lender first. We have a lot of Canadians who buy homes here in Seattle. Some are working here, some not. Just get your financing straightened out right away.

There aren't really extra costs when you purchase, but when you sell you'll pay FIRPTA at closing as a foreign buyer.
Web Reference: http://SeattleHome.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 9, 2009
Hi Dan, please contact me directly at homes@endreBarath.com . I can arrange a good Realtor in NY, just need to know is it in the city? or what part of NY State? Here in California by putting 50% down and as long as you have a green card and a job you can get a loan, depending on what price point at what interest rate.
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 9, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer